GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW. Hmmm."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/08/05 at 12:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
This is disgusting: -

[URL]http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4696&[/URL]

So now there's the possibility of having to buy a crappy collectable card game to unlock items in the game?

I might love the game, but there's no way I'm that sad. If the game is unbalanced by this action, I'll be cancelling.
Tue 30/08/05 at 15:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
OddToe wrote:
> Spring 2006?
>
> I expect Blizzard are expecting half the people who have subscribed
> to have cancelled before then

I doubt they'll loose over a million customers before spring, especially not with an expansion already on the way.

This card deal is just another way to leech money of the hardcore few who spend every waking minute playing the game.
Tue 30/08/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Even boxers and socks? ;D

You can't remove avatar underwear. Thank god. I've seen far too many semi naked dancing orcs.

Before someone says "female night elf" I'd just like to point out that you're letching over a low poly computer character, most likely played at the other end by a bloke. Who's enjoying theattention. Probably in that way.
Tue 30/08/05 at 14:00
Regular
"8==="
Even boxers and socks? ;D
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:59
Regular
The only form of clothing that doesn't affect your character in any way is a shirt.

It's almost always covered up by chest armor anyway.

Every other form of clothing is armor/stat-based.
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:46
Regular
"8==="
Damarus wrote:
>
> Clothes generally is armour. Theres maybe a few items you can wear as
> clothes that isn't armour in the entire game.

I think they'll be expanding the non-armour clothes with this promotion then, either that or you'll only get some of the lower types of armour in a different style/colour.

It might just turn-out to be different hats! :D
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They've got it the wrong way round.

People who play WoW probably played Top Trumps when they were five and now they play new fangled computer games.
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:43
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Damarus wrote:
>
> Actually, clothes are a very important side of wow.
>
> 'Very important' compared to weapons, spells and armour?

Clothes generally is armour. Theres maybe a few items you can wear as clothes that isn't armour in the entire game.

EDIT: Just a misunderstanding me thinks =D
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:40
Regular
"8==="
Damarus wrote:
>
> Actually, clothes are a very important side of wow.

'Very important' compared to weapons, spells and armour?
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This is an unpleasant little postscript to the thread I started about advertising in-game and those Planetside adverts Pand linked to.
The moment I start seeing any advertising or items only available for those who pay more than the subscription fee, I'm cancelling.
I don't need the ugly face of avarice appearing in a fantasy world thanks.
Tue 30/08/05 at 13:30
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> It seems to be for extra character clothes/appearance bits - that's
> hardly going to screw up the game.

Actually, clothes are a very important side of wow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.