GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you could see any 5 bands die..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Had to be done really.
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:45
Regular
Anyone who criticises rap/hip hop without taking into account how amazingly awesome Run DMC are should be shot dead on the spot.
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
Yep, done all that stuff. It's still all crap.
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:39
Regular
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> 1. McFly
> 2. Any Hip-Hop person
> 3. Any RnB person
> 4. Any rap person
>
> Can't think of a fifth

Can't stand narrow-minded people like you who think they can dismiss an entire genre with their 'superior music knowledge' when really you know nothing.

1. McFly may be embarassing to anyone over twelve, but think about it. A kid getting into music has a few routes - they'll either be into McFly, crap pop music, 50 Cent & G-Unit or something along that line of talent. Someone who listens to pop music when they're younger will currently be listening to the new Lee Ryan album or the Akon one. Someone who listens to 50 Cent will grow up and start listening religiously to Tupac and become disillusioned and start trying to be black. Someone who listens to McFly though, will think rock bands are cool, people with guitars are cool. At that age they are too young to appreciate the poetic value of more mature guitar music, but as they grow up, those will be the kids who discover Nirvana, Bob Dylan, etc etc etc. McFly themselves may not make music that appeals to people our age, but it's a leg-up for kids so that they can get into real music.

2. Critiscise Hip-Hop, but have you ever even listened to Jurassic 5, A Tribe Called Quest, older Common stuff, Gangstarr or Pete Rock & CL Smooth? Or more realistically do you make an opinion formed on 50 Cent and Jadakiss and the stuff thats in the charts. Yeah, thought so.

3. Critiscise R&B, but have you ever listened to a D'Angelo album with the lights turned down low and felt truly taken away, or do you just see Beyonce Knowles and decide that you don't like R&B? Yeah.

4. Critiscise Rap, but have you ever heard the ferocity of Public Enemy and Wu-Tang Clan in full flow? It'd put most metal bands to shame.

Rant over.
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:23
Regular
Yep. They've been around for ages and been good all that time. Their 3rd album jusy got jumped on by Franz-kiddies.

But my musci tastes go: 1) Idlewild 2) Counting Crows 3) Everything else
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> If Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight went, I'd be content with that.

And you like Snow Patrol?
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:09
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
However bands that do deserve to die are:

1. Steps
2. Roll deep
3. The darkness
4. Westlife (in fact any homo boy bands)
5. Linkin Park/Korn/ICP (or any generic nu metal/rap metal pointless rubbish)
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:06
Regular
1. McFly
2. Any Hip-Hop person
3. Any RnB person
4. Any rap person

Can't think of a fifth
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> I turned over on CD:UK yesterday when Girls Aloud came on they are
> another band I would like to die.

Trust me Bob, in a few years when you grow pubic hair/eyebrows you will begin to appreciate that Girls Aloud have so much more to offer than just music!

Reduce volume...yes! Kill..NO!
Fri 26/08/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Catch it!"
I turned over on CD:UK yesterday when Girls Aloud came on they are another band I would like to die.
Fri 26/08/05 at 14:25
Regular
"..."
Hedfix wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Saw them on CD:UK last night.
>
> ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.