GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TURBONUTTER U "TWANK" (In his words... not mine!) Also, some info about sony- they don't make their own games!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 19:50
Regular
In another topic "sony killed gaming" I said that Sony don't make games. Well, fact is that they don't. All their games are made 3rd party. However, turbonutter says to this:

"SonicRav wrote:
> Sony make games now??? I thought they had 2nd party developers who
> are all average (and some sports games makers are v.
> poor!)

> Sonic

Sony have made games since the dawn of the PSone, you twank."

He went on to give this list of games:

"Formula One 2001 is a good start.

Parappa The Rapper.
WipEout 3
RollCage Stage 2
Drop Ship. "

Now.... I know half of these are 2nd party games to start with! Sony name them as sony games in their mags because sony own the companies who make them. But the fcat is that sony do not have a games development team anywhere in their company! They are all 2nd party makers that sony have bought/made deals with!

This is the same with Rare and Ninty. Ninty own rare, but they don't say Goldeneye was developed by Ninty! Sony do.

For anyone that disagrees... Do Sony have any inhouse facilities to make games? Answer- no! Therefore all their games are made by 2nd and 3rd parties. The only exception is Fantavision... but this was actually made by a company that sony bought, but has almost swallowed! Oh, and why do people use insults like "twank"... it's so imature!

Sonic
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> A twank is my word and it's a cross between a tw... (Hmmm, wonder
> what that could be) and a Plank.

ahhhhh! cunning

Sonic
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
A twank is my word and it's a cross between a tw... (Hmmm, wonder what that could be) and a Plank.
Wed 06/06/01 at 15:55
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Extermination and Dark Cloud... i was under the impression that these too were made by 2nd party developers.. but I may be wrong.

Sonic
Wed 06/06/01 at 12:55
Regular
Sony have only just started making there own games, of any decent quality, by buying the best companies which supported their Playstation. i.e. naughty dog, Psygnosis and Polyphony Digital (that isn't right!). They did make some of their own games on the SNES but they have admitted they were all crap, but now games such as Extermination and Dark Cloud are officially Sony's babies, they are getting there, by using tactics pioneered by Microsoft.
Wed 06/06/01 at 10:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actualy, me and turbo get on well... last night we were joking about his post on me, and my post on him!

The reason I posted this is 2 fold...
1) sweet revenge :) for being called a "twank" (what is a twank???)

2) Not only was I insulted... but I was insulted for saying something that was right! Even turbo agrees that he shouldn't have said it, and that he came out admitting Sony don't make games!

I assure u, neither of us have any grudges... and I repect all the posts that he makes. (Out with that RCP-90... I think I left it by er-no;s corpse ;)

Sonic
Wed 06/06/01 at 00:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
er-no: 'Get out of my bush Game, find your own one'

Game: 'This is the only one for miles around though...'

**er-no places on his camouflage paints and closes his eyes**

Game: 'arrrgggghh, he's bloody disappeared....'
Wed 06/06/01 at 00:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Game: Yeah Sonic, me and Er-No are gonna roast you boy!

Er-No: .....

Game: Isn't that right Er-No?!.... Er-No?! ER-NO?!!?!?!

Game: Alghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hides in bush...finds Er-No, the two decide to rethink their strategy!*
Tue 05/06/01 at 23:54
Regular
"everyone says it"
'I'm with you all the way Game'

**er-no turns, runs and hides in a bush**

'...with you all the way...'
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

I fully agree with jermey.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Jeremy... J.E.R.E.M.Y!!!

The next time you get my name wrong i'm gonna...., i'm gonna.... Sit and cry, and I hope that says something!!!

^_^

Game
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Everyone makes mistakes, yes... even turbonutter!

How on earth Sonic has the audacity to be so rude I don't know!

Maybe he is just a rude person, it's a shame there's no room here for rude people...!

I suggest, Sonic, that you apologise to turbonutter ASAP. And while you're at it, stop posting all you're topics in Capitals!

Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.