GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Banks - who cuts it these days?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 08:15
Regular
I had wrote a big rant on how my bank, HSBC, are ripping me off.

To cut it short, please tell me who your bank of choice is, and who you'd avoid banking with - reasons would be helpful too :)

Thanks
Fri 26/08/05 at 14:28
"High polygon count"
Nationwide.
Fri 26/08/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have a adebit account with Abbey, no overdraft etc.
I use it for nothing more than keeping my money in one place.
Fri 26/08/05 at 14:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have a current account with the Woolwich, which suits me great as it's right around the corner and I like Building Societies. But I'm gonna be moving to Brighton soon so I'm thinking about changing. Maybe to NatWest, they have a good student account (I'm avoiding HSBCs attempts to bribe me with 10 free CDs from CDWoW. Cynical marketing that, and I don't like it)
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:58
Regular
"..."
Yorkshire bank, have had an account with them since I was a kid and I hate banks so much I can't be arsed going in to close my account and open one with another bank.
Fri 26/08/05 at 12:39
"Was the man of marz"
Chippxero wrote:
> avoid:
> abby national = full of gays

Just 'abbey' now. Since I opened my account with them last year they've changed their logo three times. It's not that bad although every now and again I get sent a letter explaining increases in charges, usually to the unauthorised overdraft fee which is now £35.

They don't charge you if you want debt?
Fri 26/08/05 at 10:18
Regular
My brother is with HSBC and he gets charges of up to £90 a month because he's an idiot with an overdraft limit of £500 and always spends money before he gets paid, so most of the time he's in debt of £700. They keep calling him to increase his overdraft limit but he's never at home and never calls them back so doesnt realise he could save a lot of money.
Fri 26/08/05 at 10:04
Regular
Putting it simply, I have done a hell of a lot of buying this Month, and my account has taken a hit - but I worked it so that I'd have just enough left to fill my car up before payday.

However, HSBC, for no apparent reason, have charged me a £40 overdraft fee - even though I was in credit, what with my petrol money still in there. All debits had come out, nothing else was due to be taken, but this overdraft fee has now sent me into debit.

I haven't got an explanation from them yet as the contact centre queue is hella busy.
Fri 26/08/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I bank with Lloyds TSB been with them approx 5 years, never had a problem with them, but like Sleepy, I tend to use Internet Banking only.

They now have a new facilty called 'Online Saver' which you can tag onto your current account and it has a very generous interest rate. You can transfer money between the 2 accounts with 1 click.

Suits me down to the ground.
Fri 26/08/05 at 09:55
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I use Natwest for the personal account and have never had a problem with them but then I never go to the branch and rarely call them. I tend to bank with them over the internet.

For the company I use Lloyds, do go to the branch a lot and their service is good. I've never had a problem with them.

It all depends on what problems you had with HSBC - really the banks are all very similar despite what they might have to believe with their ads.
Fri 26/08/05 at 09:39
Regular
I use First Direct, do everything over the net, very rare phone call, however given your dislike of HSBC then I guess you will not fancy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.