GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Freeview"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/08/05 at 18:15
Regular
Got myself a nice new sparkling Freeview box and the darn thing has gone and got stuck on standby.

As tempting as these cheap "£30" freeview boxes are I really recommend you go for a better known brand you can trust. Mine was a mere £35 from Tesco and I've managed 2 episodes of scrubs, a bit of sky sports news and "The Smoking Room" before the damn thing stopped on me.

Seriously, it may seem like little difference between the £30 and £60 model but believe you me quality is everything when it comes to digital TV.

Dringo.
Sat 27/08/05 at 13:20
Regular
You can get Quiz Call now aswell.
Sat 27/08/05 at 13:19
Regular
Well you can check your area on the freeview website.
Sat 27/08/05 at 10:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
Dringo wrote:
> All Freeview boxes receive all freeview channels...

But it's probably worth noting that the number/quality of channels is down to the signal strength in your area. We had to buy a new beast of a TV aerial to receive all of the channels.
Sat 27/08/05 at 01:54
Regular
So answer to your questions yes ITV2 is with the normal Freeview and there are 2 music channels, TMF and The hits. There are also loads of radio stations (all the digital ones as it happens).

All Freeview boxes receive all freeview channels... but there are some that cannot accept the top up TV card... but to be honest TOP UP TV is a flop and you can get some by simply ordering per night.
Sat 27/08/05 at 01:52
Regular
Channels you get with freeview:

BBC1
BBC2
BBC3
BBC4
BBC News 24
BBC Parliment
BBCi
CBBC
Cbeebies
ITV1
ITV2
ITV3
ITV News
E4
E4+1
Five
Sky Travel
Sky Sports News
Sky News
The Hits
TMF
UKTV Bright Ideas
UKTV History
FTN
ABC1
Yooplay
Men and Motors
Community Channel
Ideal World
QVC
Bid TV
Price Drop TV
Teachers TV

Top Up TV:

UK Gold
TCM (Movies)
UK Style
Discovery Channel
Discovery Real Time
UK Food
Cartoon Network (Kids)
Boomerang (Kids)
Bloomberg (Financial)
British Eurosport
Television X (additional fee)
Red Hot (additional fee)

Disney and BSkyB planning their own channel.
Sat 27/08/05 at 00:47
Regular
"Remember me?"
My mum got me one for my new house from Argos that was around £50-60. Dunno how good it is yet, as I'm starting moving tomorrow. Do all freeview boxes get the same channels? And are any of them music channels?
Fri 26/08/05 at 19:44
Regular
Mine came with my Tv set although it's hard to retune for extra channels

To clear something up, is ITV 3 available for Freeview without buying a "Top-Up tv" package ? (in the same way E4 became available)
Fri 26/08/05 at 18:35
"period drama"
Yes, the cheap ones are bum. The one my parents bought can't even display the subtitles.
Fri 26/08/05 at 17:23
Regular
Go away.
Fri 26/08/05 at 17:04
Enjoy the freedom while you can

MWHAHAHAHA

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.