GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga rules"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
I've been playing it all day with my mate and I'm loving it.

I never thought hitting a plastic set of bongo's could be so much fun.

The re-done editions of the popular songs and the new Zelda theme is very dodgy (although to be fair the new Zelda theme is for the bongo aspect of it)... but I've been addicted to this all day.

And the box is massive, almost the size of the Gamecube box.

I hand over a case and my friendly local game retailer picks up a box roughly the size of my head.

Anyway yes, the game is extremley good fun especially with a mate. But also damn good on your own.

Snap it up.
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
I've been playing it all day with my mate and I'm loving it.

I never thought hitting a plastic set of bongo's could be so much fun.

The re-done editions of the popular songs and the new Zelda theme is very dodgy (although to be fair the new Zelda theme is for the bongo aspect of it)... but I've been addicted to this all day.

And the box is massive, almost the size of the Gamecube box.

I hand over a case and my friendly local game retailer picks up a box roughly the size of my head.

Anyway yes, the game is extremley good fun especially with a mate. But also damn good on your own.

Snap it up.
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:16
Regular
So, are you going to tell me what I can and can't do in it then?
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:37
Regular
How the hell did you get that box home?!
I'd feel like a prat if I carried that around in a bus :s
Thu 14/10/04 at 21:14
Regular
Scope wrote:
> How the hell did you get that box home?!
> I'd feel like a prat if I carried that around in a bus :s

Sitting in a bag and carrying it home.

It looks like you'd been shopping.

You know what the game is about, it's like a dancing game but with Bongo's. 4 symbols indicate whether you should hit the left bongo, the right bongo, clap (or click, or yell) or hit both bongoes. The idea is to hit them as they enter the centre of the circle. Depending how well you make it depends whether you get a "Bad", "OK" or "Great" rating. Keep getting "Great" or "OK" ratings in a row and you get a high combo. Although if you miss a beat or get a "bad" that combo restarts.

By doing good you get money in which you can buy certain mini-games and you fill the bar. You have to reach "clear" to complete the level, if you do reach CLEAR but don't fill the bar up completely you get a silver DK complete. If you do fill it up you get Gold DK complete symbol.

You also get points encouraging you to improve your high score.

There are various modes, mini-games and difficulty settings as well as multiplayer modes.
Thu 14/10/04 at 22:09
Regular
One question. After you get the game how do you buy the bongos separately? I ain't seen anyone selling JUST the bongos.
Thu 14/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> and my friendly local game retailer picks up a box
> roughly the size of my head.

Good God :P
Thu 14/10/04 at 23:14
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Argh...I wannit'...
Thu 14/10/04 at 23:18
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> One question. After you get the game how do you buy the bongos
> separately? I ain't seen anyone selling JUST the bongos.

[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG5444_dk_bongo_set_for_g.html[/URL]
Fri 15/10/04 at 00:13
Regular
An extra pair retails for 30 quid?! Erm hmm amazon says £24.99 and it cost £22.99 from there, did SR get it wrong or vice versa?
Fri 15/10/04 at 14:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Scope wrote:
> An extra pair retails for 30 quid?! Erm hmm amazon says £24.99
> and it cost £22.99 from there, did SR get it wrong or vice
> versa?

It's definately £24.99 for another pair.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.