GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga rules"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
I've been playing it all day with my mate and I'm loving it.

I never thought hitting a plastic set of bongo's could be so much fun.

The re-done editions of the popular songs and the new Zelda theme is very dodgy (although to be fair the new Zelda theme is for the bongo aspect of it)... but I've been addicted to this all day.

And the box is massive, almost the size of the Gamecube box.

I hand over a case and my friendly local game retailer picks up a box roughly the size of my head.

Anyway yes, the game is extremley good fun especially with a mate. But also damn good on your own.

Snap it up.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:13
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Donkey Konga is great!

Whilst I did my work expirience at Gamestation (not joking) I beat two members of staff at it best out of 3.

The first one I beat was very good at games but I beat him 2-1 >:P

The second one was the assistant manager who bragged about how good he was about it, so I beat him 3-0. Then he became a bad loser and challenged me to Pro Evo 4. I only did it so he would shut up, so he won 5-0 in one game.

I haven't got Donkey Konga yet but I'm gonna get it for my birthday which is coming up :)
Sun 24/10/04 at 10:15
Regular
I don't think they ruined it.

It was never THAT great of a song anyway (and before you ask, Blink 182 are my favourite band). It still has the essence of the song. Not as good, no way, but it is still All the small things.
Sun 24/10/04 at 03:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Alot of the time when I get tired of slapping them like usual I use my thumbs on the bongoe's buttons underneath the drumskin. Requires minimum effort.
Sat 23/10/04 at 21:17
Regular
Scope wrote:
> Somebody tell me how should I be using these Bongo(es/'s) should I be
> banging on them with the palm of my hand or what?

Well, the way most people should play bongos is using your fingers, so that the mini knuckles curl round the edge of them.

Imagine drumming on your desk just now with your hands, it's the same way as using bongos.
Sat 23/10/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
Dringo wrote:
> 99 red balloons.
>
> And all the small things for me thanks.

"99 Red Balloons" is class. But Nintendo, Namco or whoever have RUINED "All The Small Things". RUUUUIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEDDDDDDDDEH!!!

In closing (left, left, right), I like Donkey Konga (.......clap!).
Sat 23/10/04 at 09:53
Regular
99 red balloons.

Damn nabbit
Sat 23/10/04 at 09:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I think that the theme tune and "The Impression That I Get" suit the game best. But "Don't Stop Me Now" is the best if you're just looking for a laff.
Sat 23/10/04 at 08:54
Regular
99 red balloons.

And all the small things for me thanks.

Tubthumping is a laugh too.
Sat 23/10/04 at 01:23
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Oh, and Rainbow Cruise.

silly me.
Sat 23/10/04 at 01:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The Donkey Konga Theme of course ^_^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.