GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US Open"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 20:01
Regular
"0228"
Draw was made today:

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4153606.stm[/URL]

Team GB are completely screwed.

Henman should win his first round match but the French guy that he'll probably face in the second round is pretty decent from what I've seen. If he did make it the third round then the rest of his journey would probably look like this: Ancic - Safin - Hewitt - Federer - Nadal. Not a chance for Tim, not a chance.

Rusedski has it even tougher. He could face Nadal in the third round which is pretty unlucky and to get there he's a got a couple of matches that won't be easy, especially with an American in the first round.

Murray still has to get past the qualifying stages and with him having a bad shoulder that's not guaranteed. If he did make it into the draw then it'd be tough for him to get very far because he'd alost certainly end up against one of the top seeds very early on.

It was looking petty good for GB just a few days ago. Rusedski's been on fantastic form, Henman had a great run last year at the US Open, and Murray's only been improving since Wimbledon. Looks like it'll be at least 2006 before a Brit win a Grand Slam again.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:38
Regular
"0228"
Ahahahaha, this is brilliant. Verdasco hit the ball out but the umpire said it was in. Henman starts complaining about the decision and the crowd start helping him by chanting "Out!" and then another bloke says "Kick his a$$ Tim!" However, the umpire didn't change his mind, allowing Verdasco to break his serve yet again.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:27
Regular
"0228"
Henman 4 2
Verdasco 6 6

Not looking good, however, when does Henman ever win easily? Henman's had some good chances to break but Verdasco has played well and had the better luck. As with last night's game when the very shiny Sharapova beat Daniilidou, the score doesn't tell the full story.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:13
Regular
"0228"
Heman loses serve AGAIN to go 4-1 down. In his defence, Verdasco has begun to play brilliantly making some extraordinary shots.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:07
Regular
"0228"
Henman lost his serve again, now in the second set. He is actually playing well but is having some awful luck. It's starting to rain now so I'm not sure how much longer they'll play for. I am surprised at how much the crowd like Henman though, they seem to love cheering for him.
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:54
Regular
"0228"
Verdasco wins the first set 6 games to 4. Henman didn't play too badly but he did make a few too many unforced errors. I still fancy Henman to win the match.
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:44
Regular
"0228"
I'm going to continue posting in here, even if nobody else does.

Henman 3
Verdasco 4

And Verdasco is serving so yes, Henman's lost his serve already. Not because he was out played, but more to do with him making a couple of retarded shots. However, in the match so far, Verdasco has made quite a few excellent shots.

As I type, a break point for Henman! But he messes up...
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:18
Regular
"0228"
Stupid Americans. There's a choir on the court and a man called Bo Diddley.
Mon 29/08/05 at 19:38
Regular
"0228"
And so it begins.

None of the Brits are in action today but from midnight (Why so late? Taking into account the time difference it will be 7pm in New York) we have Sharapova playing, followed by Agassi. I'm sure I'll be awake.

Also, Henman's started to moan about back problems and Murray (who ended up in Federer's 8th of the draw, well away from other Brits) is still complaining about his shoulder.
Sat 27/08/05 at 00:27
Regular
"0228"
Right, Murray's through, though his exact place in the main draw is still unconfirmed. I'm not totally sure how it works, whether they slot everybody in randomly by putting names in a hat or whether they're put in based on their position in the final qualifying tournament table. If it's the latter, then a second round encounter with Rusedski could be possible.
Fri 26/08/05 at 00:46
Regular
"0228"
Murray's into the last qualifying round. I hope he gets in and we get to see him play Henman or Rusedski.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.