GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats with Liscences?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 19:08
Regular
I think that the quality of games recently has been lower than many years ago due to the fact that games companies can do this because of flimsy liscences.

I'm not against the concept of liscences in games, because there have been some good games based on liscences, such as GoldenEye (N64), and Spiderman(PS), but I'm afraid to say that the majority of games are wasted due to liscences. The most notable offender has to be EA, with numerous liscence based sports games, like Rugby, F1, Football, Golf and even Cricket, once a year. Although in previous posts, I have condoned the publishing of mediocre games, if this is to encourage companies to make new and innovative games, although people still buy these games.
Another example hs to be Ronaldo V-Football. The graphics aren't great, and the game itself is too easy. It does have some good features in it, like endurance, where you have to play games one after another, and can only save after every 10th win. Companies must realise one thing: GAMEPLAY IS EVERYTHING. People do not care about the polygon counts in games if the game itself is not up to scartch.

Liscences are killing original gaming, becuase as long as a company has an official name next to it, then there will be mugs willing to buy them.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:17
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I think that FIFA was a good game but I like ISS better on the N64, it also has a create a character and give it your own stats and create a team.

YEah but if you buy a game, and it has a good plot, good Gameplay and will last you a while, it can be enjoyed to some extent but it ruins it I think if it has crap graphics!

By the way will that yellow thing happen to everyone who wins GAD from now on?
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:16
Regular
"You've upset me"
M16 wrote:
> Well done RBS! You won GAD!

What?!?!?! You serious??!?!
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Well done RBS! You won GAD!
Tue 05/06/01 at 21:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
I wish EA Sports would take more time in their titles!! Not that most of them are bad games, its just many of them are nothing more than season updates. If they could come up with new gameplay styles with each title they release I think it would go down a lot better!!
Talking of which they say that FIFA 2002 will be a completly new experience - That I find hard to believe right now!!
Tue 05/06/01 at 21:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Which comments?
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:58
Regular
Well some of your comments sound computer freakish. Need to try other stuff you know!
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
Sniper wrote:
> Get out more RBS.

I'm willing to bet I get out more than you :-D

Plus learn how to spell licenses.

Hey, I didn't spell it wrong!
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:54
Regular
Get out more RBS.
Plus learn how to spell licenses.
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:53
Regular
"You've upset me"
Super Gohan wrote:
> You are absolutely right Rasta.

What?!?!?!?!

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS RIGHT!!

Lets make a National Holiday, Holy Hell! I Got Something Right Day!

:-)
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
Sniper wrote:
> Liscences? what!

Nice to see Sniper back to his usual self after that freakishly strange time when he actually posted something longer than 10 words!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.