GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil DS"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Oh whoop-de-bloody-doo. Another remake of the original? Fantastic.

And wait a moment, this time it has a new FPS view? My God, how incredible. Incredibly LAZY more like.

I am furious. Yeah, I will still probably buy it, but that's not the point. This will be like the 50th time I'm gonna finish this game, and I wanted something fresh. Thanks Capcom.

And a heartwarming thanks to Tphi for the source from Cube-Europe.

Here are some screenshots -

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8159[/URL]
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Legendary Link wrote:
> What would of been better in my opinion would of been to remake it
> using a simaler control system and camera type to resi 4, but oh
> well.

When NGC reported this a month ago they did say something about a Resi 4 camera. Maybe there still will be, it's too early to tell.
Wed 24/08/05 at 18:54
Regular
"hit the road jack"
The mansion doesnt look creepy at all :S

Cube version created such an atmosphere which was even captured in the screenshots. But looking at these screens. Naah.
Wed 24/08/05 at 18:57
Regular
Those screenshots are utterly poor.
Wed 24/08/05 at 20:26
Regular
J Nash wrote:
> Those screenshots are utterly poor.

I must admit it does look very N-Gage.
Wed 24/08/05 at 20:37
"Tesco value"
Splinter cell also looks n gage too.

its a matter of time before I sell the DS too. Where are all the games? I fail to see the revolutionary concept that is the touch screen. Sure feel the magic and warioware touched were ok (if short lived) but that is it. The same old games which look worse than their 1st gen titles were (Mario 64 is still beautiful)
Wed 24/08/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Divine Davine"
gordenisagaybys wrote:
> Splinter cell also looks n gage too.
>
> its a matter of time before I sell the DS too. Where are all the
> games? I fail to see the revolutionary concept that is the touch
> screen. Sure feel the magic and warioware touched were ok (if short
> lived) but that is it. The same old games which look worse than their
> 1st gen titles were (Mario 64 is still beautiful)

Well there is Kirby, Meteos, Advance Wars, Nintendogs, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, Castlevania, Jump Superstars, Wi-Fi....the list goes on for the amount of already quality and anticipated games.

Keep it. Honestly, by the end of the year, everyone would want one.
Wed 24/08/05 at 20:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That's horribly ugly.

Resi has become synonymous with GOOORRRGOOOS graphics to me.
Wed 24/08/05 at 21:02
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Legendary Link wrote:
> What would of been better in my opinion would of been to remake it
> using a simaler control system and camera type to resi 4, but oh
> well.

I thought that was what was going to happen. I was contemplating buying a DS just so I could have that game.

But no, they just seem to have taken the old Playstation version and added in some first person element, which I think looks lame and probably won't work too well with the touch screen. The graphics look dreadful as well.

A portable game that played like Resi 4 would have been excellent and I would have almost certainly bought a DS just to play it, but this looks really quite dull.

How horribly disappointing...
Wed 24/08/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Also, it won't scare you.

The atmosphere just won't seem right on a handheld. No, no, no - what they should have done is a more fun, action orientated approach much like Resi Evil 4 - trying to scare people on a handheld won't work, really.

I'll eat my hat if it makes me scream on a bus though.
Wed 24/08/05 at 21:44
Regular
Is the finished game going to look like that becuase if it is I might aswell pull out my ps 1 and play it on there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.