GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"so..this free Spiderman 2 UMD..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 11:46
"possibly impossible"
So, Sony are doing what they did in the US and giving those who get their PSP on launch a Spider-man 2 movie. Problem is, I won't be able to pick mine up until later on.

Does anyone have an idea of how this system will work/did work in the US? Maybe there's some way to get around it?

The last thing I want is for someone else to pick up my PSP for me, I want to be the first to take it out of the box and smell that new plastic smell...
Thu 25/08/05 at 09:10
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Nice one pb, are you sure it was the uk one, as no-one seems to mention anything on any website as of yet?
Wed 24/08/05 at 21:10
"possibly impossible"
Reply from Sony:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The free Spiderman 2 Universal Media Disk (UMD) will be available for
those that register their PlayStation Portable (PSP) on the official
site : www.yourpsp.com on and after it's release. They are limited but we
do not have confirmation of the number of disks available."

Well, looks like I might not be in luck 8 days later, but I can try anyway...
Wed 24/08/05 at 13:23
Regular
You need to register through the [URL]http://teaser.yourpsp.com/psp.html?WT.mc_n=PDChp_2yourpsp_en_GB[/URL] website to get the UMD in Europe.

Might be because of different language considerations.
Wed 24/08/05 at 12:27
"possibly impossible"
Might email them. Sounds a plan. Now I just need to find their Customer Service email address...
Wed 24/08/05 at 12:21
Regular
You never know - there may only be a limited number of actual redemption cards circulated, so the one in your box will guarantee you to one.

Where the US put UMDs in the first Million boxes, Sony UK/Europe might put the redemption card in the first million boxes too, so whatever happens, there will always be a Spidey 2 UMD waiting for you.

Tried emailing Sony, or visiting their forums?
Wed 24/08/05 at 12:16
"possibly impossible"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> General rule of thumb:
> Ignore anything Dixons says.

I normally do, but it was quicker than downloading the psp official press release from yourpsp.com and pasting that.

the press release says 'early adopters' which is still pretty undecipherable as to how it will work. I only hope it is by Serial Number...
Wed 24/08/05 at 12:09
Regular
In fact, you may not have anything to worry about - if Sony are allocating free UMD's based on serial number, you'll have all the time in the world to send in your redemption form.
"period drama"
General rule of thumb:
Ignore anything Dixons says.
Regular
Hmm, they're doing it differently to the US then - we got ours bundled into the PSP Box.

Surely claiming your free UMD is more important than preserving the 'new' smell? :P

Just ask someone trustworthy to pick it up and send the card off on your behalf
Wed 24/08/05 at 12:05
"possibly impossible"
Dixons say:

"**Free Spiderman 2 The Movie UMD
This offer is available by redemption from Sony. You will need to register your PSP direct with Sony. Registration details will be sent with your PSP. "

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.