GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another post on the Owen saga"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/08/05 at 14:13
Regular
I know, there has been many a post on this situation, but I feel like putting my two pennys worth in. So shhh.

Whether you care to believe it or not, Real Madrid want to get rid of Owen, Liverpool want Owen and Owen wants to go to Liverpool.

Why does Real Madrid want to get rid of Owen?

. Purely selfless reasons, Michael Owen, England international, is very unlikely to get many games this season. They know, for the sake of football as a whole, they should let him go.

. They've spent big money on Robinho and Julio Baptista. They need to make a little of that money back, why not sell a big player who is unlikely to play? Saves wages and earns a little bit back.

Why does Liverpool want Owen?

. Mis-firing strikers. Baros was given a hefty chance to shine last season and he failed. Liverpool need to be gunning for the big prizes, they need a comprehensive strike force.

. Cisse has had less of a chance but the fact is he is a risk. After the Champions League they need someone who will certainly get them 20 goals a season!

. Morientes is the king of mis-firing strikers this season. Again he may yet adjust but it is a risk that Benitez won't want to make. He needs certainty.

. With Man United flailing, Arsenal's young squad and the series of close fought battles with Chelsea Liverpool must believe they can challenge this season. They need a top quality proven striker who can play English football. Crouch fits Benitez's style of play, but he needs a big signing to match Gerrard as one of his top players.

Why Owen wants to go to Liverpool

. He has said no to Newcastle, no to Everton and "I guess so" to Manchester United. Owen wants to return home to the club he loves, the fans he adores and, ultimatly, his friends.

What's going on?

Owen is saying he is happy staying at Madrid. Benitez keeps saying he only needs a right winger and a central defender and Madrid say they have no need to sell. So why are they doing this?

Owen is doing so because he might have to face the fact he isn't going to leave.

Madrid and Benitez are playing mind games with eachother. Benitez is saying "I don't need no striker", hopeing Real Madrid will drop the price. Whilst Madrid are saying "that's okay, we don't want to sell", to make Liverpool believe they won't sell cheap.

This is obvious because Madrid have already said Owen is for sale whilst Benitez has just gone and mentiont Kuyt. Saying he is "cheaper" so might as well get him instead.

Benitez does not want him, the fans do not want him... neither does the Board. They want Owen. This is Benitez trying to tell Madrid that they can always go elsewhere.

Odd, considering Benitez said the day before he isn't looking for a striker.

I just hope the mind games close before the transfer window does!
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:49
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Stryke wrote:
> 13. He was our top-scorer. Good enough for you? And I wasn't
> suggesting you had any football knowledge to lose.

For a team like Liverpool its not really good enough. 13 Goals and for quite a lot of last season he was first choice because of the injuries. Its weird cos I think if Cisse hadn't snapped his leg in half I think Milan would have had a far better season, as he would have had some competition for a starting line up. I think thats what gets the best out of him. This season he has looked really sharpe. Especially when he came on against Olympiacos. He set up Morientes just after half time, score 2 himself & generally ran their defence all over the show. So maybe a bit of competition would suit him down to the ground.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:35
Regular
Super Kev wrote:
> So how many goals did Mr
> Baros score last season? Not many thats for sure.

--

13. He was our top-scorer. Good enough for you? And I wasn't suggesting you had any football knowledge to lose.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:33
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Stryke wrote:
> You kinda ignore who scored basically all our goals in the first half
> of the season.
>
> Go get married, football is for you no longer.

Haha very funny, Stryke. Just because I am getting married doesnt mean I loose all my football knowledge. So how many goals did Mr Baros score last season? Not many thats for sure. I am not knocking him as I think he is a good player but the second half of last season he was pants. Oh and I would swap mickey for him any day of the week.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:14
Regular
You kinda ignore who scored basically all our goals in the first half of the season.

Go get married, football is for you no longer.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:12
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Liverpool won 'big prizes' with Baros last year though.

Baros was complete & utter rubbish last year. He played in 27 games at one point & only scored 2 goals in that time frame.

And no we didn't win them with Baros, we won them with Stevie!!! He was
useless last session.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:57
Regular
I want Owen had Arsenal now, after our attack failed miserably against Chelsea, simply because no one was in the box then Owen could probably be the solution...maybe. And then if he came, Stryke would start to love Arsenal ;) :P
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"Morientes is king of the mis-firing strikers this season"

Sorry but I find it hard to accept that you're talking about the season as a whole when it's really only about five or six competitive goals old. He's barely had a chance to get a regular run together and already he's a failure?

I reckon Rafa was waiting for the Baros deal to go through so as not to unnerve his strikers or put a dent in his price - if other managers thought he was desperate to raise funds to get another striker in, then Villa may well have dropped their price. And to be fair, he's stuck to his guns all the way. Now Baros is off and Cinema Pongo might pogo off to Scotland, I think we'll see a more pro-active Rafa in the next few weeks.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
Certainly made me chortle :-)
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:07
Regular
Ashman the Paint Genius again. It's like a documentary of what really goes on.
Tue 23/08/05 at 15:52
Regular
well it all makes sense now :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.