GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another post on the Owen saga"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/08/05 at 14:13
Regular
I know, there has been many a post on this situation, but I feel like putting my two pennys worth in. So shhh.

Whether you care to believe it or not, Real Madrid want to get rid of Owen, Liverpool want Owen and Owen wants to go to Liverpool.

Why does Real Madrid want to get rid of Owen?

. Purely selfless reasons, Michael Owen, England international, is very unlikely to get many games this season. They know, for the sake of football as a whole, they should let him go.

. They've spent big money on Robinho and Julio Baptista. They need to make a little of that money back, why not sell a big player who is unlikely to play? Saves wages and earns a little bit back.

Why does Liverpool want Owen?

. Mis-firing strikers. Baros was given a hefty chance to shine last season and he failed. Liverpool need to be gunning for the big prizes, they need a comprehensive strike force.

. Cisse has had less of a chance but the fact is he is a risk. After the Champions League they need someone who will certainly get them 20 goals a season!

. Morientes is the king of mis-firing strikers this season. Again he may yet adjust but it is a risk that Benitez won't want to make. He needs certainty.

. With Man United flailing, Arsenal's young squad and the series of close fought battles with Chelsea Liverpool must believe they can challenge this season. They need a top quality proven striker who can play English football. Crouch fits Benitez's style of play, but he needs a big signing to match Gerrard as one of his top players.

Why Owen wants to go to Liverpool

. He has said no to Newcastle, no to Everton and "I guess so" to Manchester United. Owen wants to return home to the club he loves, the fans he adores and, ultimatly, his friends.

What's going on?

Owen is saying he is happy staying at Madrid. Benitez keeps saying he only needs a right winger and a central defender and Madrid say they have no need to sell. So why are they doing this?

Owen is doing so because he might have to face the fact he isn't going to leave.

Madrid and Benitez are playing mind games with eachother. Benitez is saying "I don't need no striker", hopeing Real Madrid will drop the price. Whilst Madrid are saying "that's okay, we don't want to sell", to make Liverpool believe they won't sell cheap.

This is obvious because Madrid have already said Owen is for sale whilst Benitez has just gone and mentiont Kuyt. Saying he is "cheaper" so might as well get him instead.

Benitez does not want him, the fans do not want him... neither does the Board. They want Owen. This is Benitez trying to tell Madrid that they can always go elsewhere.

Odd, considering Benitez said the day before he isn't looking for a striker.

I just hope the mind games close before the transfer window does!
Tue 30/08/05 at 14:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ashman wrote:
> [URL]http://www.geocities.com/ash_man_ok/owen_therealstory.JPG[/URL]

Yeah I was wrong but shhhshhhhshhsh.
Wed 24/08/05 at 08:17
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Well it looks like Rafa needs to get his finger out now!!

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4179194.stm[/URL]

Come on Rafa, I'll buy you a pint!
Wed 24/08/05 at 02:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was more 'they need to be gunning for the big prizes, the current players of the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE aren't good enough "
Wed 24/08/05 at 02:21
Regular
Baros strike rate last season was poor.

14 games in the champs league and only 2 goals

and 9 goals in 26 prem games.

Where the other 2 come from? league cup/fa cup?

hah, just read his 13 goals came from 45 starts. 1 goal every 3.46 games...
Wed 24/08/05 at 01:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> But that's like saying Lampard was Chelsea's top scorer.
>
> Scored a few but no where near enough to be considered a success.

Hang on, you're not saying Lampard doesn't score enough now are you?
Tue 23/08/05 at 23:08
Regular
Stryke wrote:
. He was our top-scorer. Good enough for you? And I wasn't
> suggesting you had any football knowledge to lose.

But that's like saying Lampard was Chelsea's top scorer.

Scored a few but no where near enough to be considered a success.

I shouldn't have said "this season" with morientes, just in general he is a mis-firing striker.
Tue 23/08/05 at 18:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You're all still overlooking the fact that Rick Parry is clearly Mikey's Dad. If you got them both to speak the same sentence, at the same time, you'd think only one person spoke it.
Tue 23/08/05 at 18:31
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
If baros goes Villa him and Phillips should be so good and should hopefully be scoring loads. It would be good to see baros play liverpool and see how well he does.
Tue 23/08/05 at 18:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Baros scored as many last season as Defoe, Hasselbaink, etc. He just did it all in the first half, then hung around for a while to give the others a sporting chance. And let Henry win again, obviously. He needs the confidence boost.
Tue 23/08/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Stryke wrote:

> 13. He was our top-scorer. Good enough for you? And I wasn't
> suggesting you had any football knowledge to lose.

Baros did get injured for awhile though so if he hadn't then he may have scored more.

If owen goes to liverpool he will score 20ish goals.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.