GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution rumours abound"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/08/05 at 12:08
"period drama"
[URL]http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5602[/URL]

Firstly, some rubbish about tilty stuff. Nonononono, idiots.
No.

Second, a date of August 24th - i.e. tomorrow, has been thrown about for big announcements, as apparently GBA and GC were announced on that date as well. I doubt it, though.

Thirdly, and much more interesting...ly ... the Rev might be using a new type of polygon called NURBs - which can create detail more easily, and more efficiently than normal polygons. So the Rev might not need to be as powerful as the others in order to compete graphically.
Tue 23/08/05 at 22:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
NURBs.

Ahah, fantastic collection of letters.

Nurb.
Tue 23/08/05 at 22:39
"period drama"
Although, depressingly, they're probably closer to what Ninty's actually thinking than everyone else.

And I quote:
"There are too many buttons and sticks on controllers for novice players, which is likely to discourage them from ever playing games at all. We want the Revolution's controller to be relevant to everybody and we really want people to feel like they want to touch and play with it,"

"The controllers for this generation do not look fun to use. You don't look at any of the controllers and think, 'Wow, I want to play [with] this.' You look at these controllers and think, 'Oh my God, it looks so difficult.' That scares people away.”

From Iwata and Shiggy.
Tue 23/08/05 at 22:31
Regular
I think that squeezy ball controller would work well in a game where u have to squeeze a ball. just like real life it would be.
Tue 23/08/05 at 22:26
"period drama"
Bwahahaha.
Bless IGN's little retarded sockies.
Tue 23/08/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Who on earth would want to play with those controllers?!

Yeah, I'm just going to sit down and play a nice relaxing game of Zelda -

With a ball. Damn, now the combat is unplayable, and Link keeps running in circles.

And the controller with like 4 buttons - yes, a sure sign for deep games.

Oh, and the other one? Deary me.

I'm a little bit sceptical now - is Nintendo really going to pull this off? I don't want to play with a ball or a controller that is really pathetically shallow. It's gonna be hard to live up to its name...
Tue 23/08/05 at 20:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
NURBS! Sounds like Voxels! Oh what a successful move voxels were.

Anyway, yeah, the PSP uses NURBS. They're good for efficiency in terms of models - calculations but my understanding is that you can't get as many in and so create such detailed models as with polygons. We'll just wait and see, though.

Also don't forget to add in IGN's controller speculation. It's utterly poor. For example: [URL]http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=2997770&article_id=643663&channel_id=192&page_title=Predicting+the+Revolution&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dgear%26site%3Dgear_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures%26type%3Dpartner[/URL]
This one is even worse:
[URL]http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=2997783&article_id=643663&channel_id=192&page_title=Predicting+the+Revolution&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dgear%26site%3Dgear_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures%26type%3Dpartner[/URL]
And don't even get me started on this:
[URL]http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=2997797&article_id=643663&channel_id=192&page_title=Predicting+the+Revolution&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dgear%26site%3Dgear_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures%26type%3Dpartner[/URL]
Tue 23/08/05 at 15:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
August 24th = Wednesdayton!!!!
Tue 23/08/05 at 14:34
Regular
It'll be an announcement... followed by tour.
Tue 23/08/05 at 14:11
"period drama"
Well, they've got to say something at sometime. And they're only showing GC and Zelda stuff at Leipzig, so hopefully, yeah, a little after that.

I guess it'll be in the form of a general announcement now, rather than a proper expo or whatever.
Tue 23/08/05 at 13:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Matt from IGN was hinting a couple of weeks ago he thought something would happen "in the next fortnight", right after Leipzig.

*Crosses fingers*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.