GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution rumours abound"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/08/05 at 12:08
"period drama"
[URL]http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5602[/URL]

Firstly, some rubbish about tilty stuff. Nonononono, idiots.
No.

Second, a date of August 24th - i.e. tomorrow, has been thrown about for big announcements, as apparently GBA and GC were announced on that date as well. I doubt it, though.

Thirdly, and much more interesting...ly ... the Rev might be using a new type of polygon called NURBs - which can create detail more easily, and more efficiently than normal polygons. So the Rev might not need to be as powerful as the others in order to compete graphically.
Tue 23/08/05 at 12:08
"period drama"
[URL]http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5602[/URL]

Firstly, some rubbish about tilty stuff. Nonononono, idiots.
No.

Second, a date of August 24th - i.e. tomorrow, has been thrown about for big announcements, as apparently GBA and GC were announced on that date as well. I doubt it, though.

Thirdly, and much more interesting...ly ... the Rev might be using a new type of polygon called NURBs - which can create detail more easily, and more efficiently than normal polygons. So the Rev might not need to be as powerful as the others in order to compete graphically.
Tue 23/08/05 at 12:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Thirdly, and much more interesting...ly ... the Rev might be using a
> new type of polygon called NURBs - which can create detail more
> easily, and more efficiently than normal polygons. So the Rev might
> not need to be as powerful as the others in order to compete
> graphically.

If true that'd be quite nice, but why Sony or Msoft didnt use it is my next question? Also if this is a new type of polygon, won't Ninty really have to work hard on Dev Kits so that games creators can actually create something decent?
Tue 23/08/05 at 12:34
"period drama"
And, indeed, if they use it ... does that mean that multi-format games won't just be hard to import across, but near impossible?
Tue 23/08/05 at 12:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmm... interesting indeed. I'd lay money on nothing happening tomorrow, though.
Tue 23/08/05 at 13:04
Regular
Nurbs make sense with what Nintendo have been saying regarding maximising technology rather than just making it bigger and better.

Looking at the price of 360 games I am relying on Nintendo to launch a quality system that is actually affordable!
Tue 23/08/05 at 13:13
Regular
I thourght that the PSP uses NURBS.
Tue 23/08/05 at 13:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Matt from IGN was hinting a couple of weeks ago he thought something would happen "in the next fortnight", right after Leipzig.

*Crosses fingers*
Tue 23/08/05 at 14:11
"period drama"
Well, they've got to say something at sometime. And they're only showing GC and Zelda stuff at Leipzig, so hopefully, yeah, a little after that.

I guess it'll be in the form of a general announcement now, rather than a proper expo or whatever.
Tue 23/08/05 at 14:34
Regular
It'll be an announcement... followed by tour.
Tue 23/08/05 at 15:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
August 24th = Wednesdayton!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.