GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare Developing for Nintendo DS"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/08/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
With this news now common-place, which Rare IP's would you like to see on the DS?

I don't think fans of the fighting genre are overly well catered for, so a Killer Instinct, perhaps?

A Banjo would go down extremely well, but a game from the Banjo team might be something Rare have for the 360.

Hopefully they don't just use the stylus for the sake of it and make a Mr. Pants game.

Jet Force Gemini could be quite good, and maybe they could port Perfect Dark across...

It's all too easy to port things, though... and I feel a new IP, designed from the ground up to incorporate all of the DS' features would be best.

Hopefully more will be revealed over time, but it's an exciting prospect.

Hopefully, after the so-so games on the XBOX, Rare can recapture some of the magic that was so abuntant in thier old N64 titles!

You thoughts?
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
On this subject, I'm with NGC/GameCentral (whoever mentioned it?) in that I'd absolutely love to see Blast Corps DS.

I remember buying the game for £5 off some kid in London somewhere - and instantly, after Ocarina of Time, it became my favourite N64 game!

(Of course, this was still long before I got my hands on Paper Mario and Mario 64 was now a great memory of gaming past).

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure you could make excellent use of the dual-screens in this game. Somehow...

Heck, I don't even care as the make it as lame as it was in The Sims DS - I just want to DESTROY things again!!! :D
Thu 25/08/05 at 14:36
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I think both Kameo and PD0 are going to rock the socks!

PD0 won't be bad... it just won't be... And after seeing that Germany footage, Kameo looks like it could be one of the better launch games... Certainly in at least 4th place (behind, PGR, PD0 and maybe Ghost Recon 3).
Mon 22/08/05 at 22:28
Regular
Doesnt Kameo have a monster training element? maybe a DS trainer/caring game like Sonic Chao garden.
Mon 22/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Well I really, really hope that Kameo and PD0 are good. If they are, then maybe, just maybe, I'll buy a 360.

Also, Rare have never really been good with portable games. This could all set to change though.
Mon 22/08/05 at 22:20
Regular
Well i'm looking forward to Kameo and Perfect Dark 0
Mon 22/08/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Legendary Link wrote:
> I dont know but did rare actually port the DKC games? i mean Nintendo
> could of bourght the source off them, or even owned it anyway.
> How about a Perfect Dark that can share data with the 360 version?

Yeah, it was a straight port. Because they don't have anything to do with each other anymore, they couldn't work together to create additional features for the game, seeming that DK is a Ninty character.

Rare, I'm pretty sure, will do a balls up job with the DS games anyway. I really don't have any faith in them anymore, and that really pains me to say it, considering they were one of my favourite developers.

I never, ever thought I would be saying that aswell....
Mon 22/08/05 at 22:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rickoss wrote:
> Killer Instinct would be amazing.
>
> And JFG... yuck. Horrible game.

:O

You are blocked on MSN!

^^
Mon 22/08/05 at 22:03
Regular
I dont know but did rare actually port the DKC games? i mean Nintendo could of bourght the source off them, or even owned it anyway.
How about a Perfect Dark that can share data with the 360 version?
Mon 22/08/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Let's just hope they manage to speed things up with the DS productions - we don't want to be waiting a whole generation for game that was originally down as a near-launch title for another format (Kameo).

With that said, they haven't been to bad with GBA games - even if some are SNES ports and, well, Pants really speaks for itself! :P
Mon 22/08/05 at 19:16
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I emailed them and told them to come up with some new IPs and not
> re-use the same old characters again and again.
>
> My suggestion was a game where you play as the Queen, who has to go
> undercover as a policeman in order to stop an evil 32nd in line royal
> from assassinating the royal family.

Cool.
Did they say when they'd release it (they'd have to be mad to turn down such an idea)?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.