GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remember him?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/08/05 at 11:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Piano Man.
"I'm German" he says and goes home.
Oh.
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4172662.stm[/URL]

My fav bit is talking about his "l33t" piano skills, a la Shine.
"It was reported that health and social workers said they were "stunned" when he proceeded to give them a virtuoso performance.

However, newspaper reports now suggest he was only able to play one note continuously. "
Mon 22/08/05 at 19:27
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Goatboy wrote:
> Just a German who crawled from the sea

SEA MONSTER! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *runs amock*
Mon 22/08/05 at 19:27
Regular
"not dead"
Didn't he play the piano for loads of different people though?

Didn't they realise he was crap?

It's just so bizarre the way they made out he was good, if he wasn't, and based their search on him on looking for a piano, when essentially, he just knew what a piano was.

Imagine it was Rolf Harris, stopping the drawing every few seconds - can you tell what uit is yet? - to draw a Rolfa-Roo.

"Hmmm, he's clearly some kind of twisted scientist/ surgeon, grafting the heads of beardy humans onto Kangaroos."
Mon 22/08/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ha, that's true.
If I was fished out of the sea and had to draw a picture to communicate, the mental doctors would say "Oh my god! He's a rubbish house with stickmen!"
Mon 22/08/05 at 18:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The best bit about it all is, he drew a good picture of a piano, complete with lighting, shadowing etc., and instead of thinking "He's an artist!" they thought "He's a pianist!"

Thankfully for him he didn't draw a sex offender.
Mon 22/08/05 at 17:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Slow news weeks + Aryan Rain Man = SHINE!!!!!!!!
Mon 22/08/05 at 16:48
So where on earth did the reports that he was good come from?
Did the staff etc basically lie to draw attention to it all?
Mon 22/08/05 at 16:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Times reporting of this story is even better

"And, in a final revelation which will forever shatter the enigma of a man often compared to the pianist David Helfgott whose battles with mental illness were portrayed in the film Shine, the source told the paper that he was in fact "rubbish" at the piano."
Mon 22/08/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Laughingstock"
So he couldn't even muster the jingle from Close Encounter of the Third Kind.
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No reports of fictional barns and imaginary friends, so I'm guessing not?

Just a German who crawled from the sea and SPONGED BENEFITS AND MEALS!!!!!!
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hmm...so he was just an attention seeker then?

Was his name Dringo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.