GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox rubbish? nah."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/08/05 at 23:52
Regular
"hammy boy"
at first i never used to like the xbox and thought that it stood no chance against the ps2 but it did. after i had played halo 2 at my cousins several weeks ago i had a change of heart. the graphics were simply brilliant and the gameplay was much faster than that of the ps2. i couldnt stop playin it after that. now that the xbox 360 is being released in november(possibly anyway) i will get that for my christmas and i think i will give the ps3 a miss this time around. i can't wait for christmas to come so i can get my first ever xbox:D
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Bullett wrote:
> The 360 is not using Standard DVD though, it's using HD-DVD...

100% Wrong.

It's using a DVD-9 drive, exactly the same type as the one in the XBOX.
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:51
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> You honestly think developers are gonna be able to fill up all that
> space?

25GB? Hell yes. With amazing textures, lots of data, AI and what have you.

Somebody told someone, just as the PS2 was announced, that they had to fill up a DVD and they probably laughed then, but look at San Andreas... packed it to the brim....

200GB might be a different story, but you never know... A game that's in development for 4 years on the PS3 might do it... If any game does, Imagine it'll be an FF game or maybe a GTA.
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:51
Regular
San Andreas was two Cities and a crappy Rural district - not a state.

EDIT - not even Cities too, really. Think of real Cities like London or Leeds - you have the City Centre bit, but there are so many little boroughs and neighbourhoods surrounding it - certainly not a 5-minute drive to pass through...
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:44
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Game wrote:
> Imagine GTA 5... first a city, then a state and now what? A country!?
> Imagine playing GTA over the whole of a fictional United States?
> Literally, a HUGE game maybe with MMO elements!

I'd be satisfied if they made a state that was actually the size of a state, not like San Andreas where you could drive from one side to the other in about five minutes.

State size it was not.
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:40
Regular
Game wrote:
> But the PlayStation brand is so hot...

I imagine you saying that in a really gay voice.

You honestly think developers are gonna be able to fill up all that space?

puuuuuuuuuuurlease
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:39
Regular
The 360 is not using Standard DVD though, it's using HD-DVD...
Mon 22/08/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'm sorry, but the PS3 will own the 360.

Maybe not at first, but after a year or two, when the second gen PS3 titles come out we'll start to see quite a big difference.

I think one of the main factors is the disc space. 25GB Single Sided Blue Ray vs 7GB DVD - puhlease. Also, they're working on a 200GB 8-Layer Blu-Ray disc... imagine how big and epic a Final Fantasy game would be on that.

Imagine GTA 5... first a city, then a state and now what? A country!? Imagine playing GTA over the whole of a fictional United States? Literally, a HUGE game maybe with MMO elements!

I'm getting a 360, I think it'll be mint with LIVE and everything. But the PlayStation brand is so hot...

Well, it's just an opinion...

We'll see...
Mon 22/08/05 at 07:56
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
True, less than perfect grammar.

But, all the same, welcome to the world of XBox :)
Mon 22/08/05 at 07:33
Regular
"8==="
Using commas is like reading morse code?

You must have had a really bad english teacher. ;P
Mon 22/08/05 at 06:45
"Tesco value"
try using some commas, it's like reading morse code.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.