GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Prepare To Hold A Revolution In Your Hands'"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/08/05 at 01:55
Regular
[URL]http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowArticle.action?article=1123689736373&site=odw_en_GB[/URL]

Those cheeky little gimps.

So this is the new tagline of the PSP?
'Revolution what now? Isn't that sony?'

Mind you, it's hardly a surprise, this is the company that shafted everyone with E3 Tekken 'demos' that basically lied about the PS2's capabilities.

Ah well, ninty finally get their ass in gear with a bit of advertising, then sony hand them that very same ass, by showing them how cheap media manipulation should be done.

I foresee ninty getting shafted again. Nice guys finish last, and nice guys who are incapable of presenting themselves in a positive light, while nasty guys kick them in the nuts, don't even make it as far as the finish.
Sat 27/08/05 at 22:00
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I was chatting with him, and he made me have a go, and he said that of the staff members were playing in the back room. So I was playing with him, which was pretty cool. A bit slow though, you have to wait for each turn, but it was good fun.

Edit: He just gave me the already set-up PSP so I don't know mate, sorry.
Sat 27/08/05 at 21:36
Regular
"es argh"
How did you get to play multiplayer with the manager of it?

I can't connect to anyone over wi-fi if I want to play multiplayer games yet the browser works.
Sat 27/08/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, Wipeout totally rocks. So does that Golf game (played multiplayer with the manager of Game, woo).

Yeah, the PSP has suitably impressed me and the amount of games for launch......whoa.
Sat 27/08/05 at 21:20
Regular
"es argh"
Rai wrote:
> PSP has no decent games.

Ahahah.

Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf and Lumines are all fantastic.
Wed 24/08/05 at 13:25
Regular
Rai wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
>
> That would be a fair opinion had you actually played them.
>
> I have. Some friends of mine have imported PSPs.

So shouldn't it be: "My friends have no decent PSP games".....?

Oh, and a quick 5-minute bash on a mate's PSP doesn't exactly count as 'playing' a game - you know, from start to finish, seeing the good points and the bad points.

I'm not saying every PSP game is perfect, yes there are some crappy ones, but there are some absolute gems too - far better (IMO) than anything the DS could provide.
Wed 24/08/05 at 13:18
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Dringo wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
>
> That would be a fair opinion had you actually played them.

I have. Some friends of mine have imported PSPs.

Now, when you say you'd buy new Mario games when they come out, does that include Mario Mix?
Tue 23/08/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Very well said. Without Zelda, the Gamecube should might aswell die right now.

Yay, Pokemon Xd is out at the end of the year. Yay.

*sarcasm*
Tue 23/08/05 at 18:45
"period drama"
If the prospect of new Zelda doesn't get you moist, then, no, you really shouldn't be buying a Ninty console.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pfft, complain about Zelda and Mario 'remakes' all you want, I'll buy them quite happily.

Why do people buy Pro Evo year after year then?
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'm not all that bothered about whether a game is original or not. It's like watching an old film on video. If you like it, you'll watch it again and again. Or I do. :-)

I'd happily buy a Rev for the classic games. It's one of the main reasons I plan to buy one anyway. RareNet claim that the Rev will also play Nintendo's entire catalogue of Nintendo's old games, which means I can play al lthe classic games that I wanted but missed. Also means i can play again the games I loved but never finsihed/don't have anymore.

It all depends what sort of games you're into, and I think what Nintendo are trying to do with the Revolution is try to cater for every type of gamer - people who liked the classics, and people who want new games, which will probabkly be Revolution's downfall.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.