GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Converted To The XBOX Way..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Yes, that's me.

I'm trying to sell my GC in that forum, so that I can get an XBOX off eBay. Better controls, better graphics, more options (music, DVD etc.) and generally better games.

I have finally come to this decision after spending 4 hours on the original Halo with 6 mates this afternoon, and having one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

Expect to hear from me on this forum more often in the near future...
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Agree 100% with Hedfix. Its just not the same when you use some other system to play your soundtracks. Oh and don't forget the extreme sports titles such as the Amped games. ;-)

Then of course theres people like me that take their XBox to friend's houses - so its always a bonus when you don't have to drag your PC as well if you wanna use your own soundtracks. ;-)
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:38
Regular
"8==="
PGR2, Backyard Wrestling, Rallisport Challenge, GTA, C:DS, C:DS 2, Burnout 3...

No doubt there's more: making a decent soundtrack to compliment a game is great especially when it comes through balanced with the sound effects as part of the game.
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can have a 1,000 track playlist on my PC.

Look, custom soundtracks are good for what...racing games?

Not worth it at all.

EVAH.

/End.
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:26
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
> No. It's slow to copy.
>
> And doesn't ANYBODY have a media player of some sort NEAR their TV?

We've been over this.

your TV speakers suck.

Mine don't.

I can balance game sounds with custom music properly if i have them both adjustable in the game options.

One less volume wheel to adjust whilst playing is good too.

Being able to have 50+ tracks on random without having a PC/MP3 player is easily preferable to 12-18 tracks on a CD player (obviously you can have a multidisc CD player but why bother when the xbox can still hold much much more?)
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
But then its just as much a hassle to mess around with all that than it is to just copy them to the XBox. By the time you've used that method a couple of times, you really haven't saved yourself from anything.

Anyway, we'll just have to disagree on this one. Don't particularly wanna debate over the custom soundtracks all night.
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:19
Regular
It's a life saver in Burnout 3.
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No... it wouldn't.

I'm saying that it's quite pointless - the same effect can be had by putting a stereo on and turning in-game music down, without the 30 minute wait for it to load up.
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Using it as a great feature of the Xbox is rubbish.

Xbox is great, online especially. Highly Excitable, learn what a good game is before making silly comments...
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
But then it tends to suit other games perfectly. Sometimes I prefer to have the game soundtrack playing, while on others, I'll decide that my custom tracks will sound better.

That would be like calling the GB to GC link cable a load of crap cause it can't be used with every GC game out.
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:01
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Well its cost you nothing in them adding it so why complain you
> miserable git ? ;-) If you don't like it, don't use it. Its not
> like Microsoft have come out with "Yeah we have this great
> console coming ! It was really cheap up until the point we added the
> custom soundtrack idea... So yeah the price of the console is gonna
> double now... Sorry.."

I think it's more the fact that people shag off it rather than it being there.

It is quite annoying to get it all ready and, most of the time, you music doesn't suit the game - I can't really listen to Iron Maiden whilst playing Links, can I?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.