GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the human race here for a short period of time?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/12/06 at 22:49
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Is the human race here for a short period of time?

I mean look at the dinosaurs, they existed for millions of years, the earth has developed and has just happened to be home to alot of species over the many billions of years it has been in existence. Is the human race merely going to be here for 50,00 years and then be wiped out. Or will the humans species be the only one cleverer enough to survive being wiped out by a nutaural attack or mabye we will cause a wipe out; i.e. Nuclear war!

How long will us humans be on earth for, or do we not have an unlimited amount of time. Obviously, we can only remain on earth whilst it is a temperate planet, but wwn the sun gets hotter we will have to leave our home planet to another temperate planet.

Could the human species be wiped out just as the dodos, dinosaurs, etc were, by factors outside there control.
Thu 14/12/06 at 23:07
Regular
"8==="
Definie what you consider to be 'a long period of time'.

Then it's rather easy to answer your initial question. :)
Tue 12/12/06 at 16:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think I remember reading if the history of the planet was condensed into one full day then the human race contribute to the last minute. (ie 11.59 to Midnight is our time here)
Tue 12/12/06 at 15:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Everpain wrote:
> The cealocanth has been around for some 350million years or so
> if I recall.

Yeah, it had ben thought to have been extinct for ages until some South African fisherman somehow caught one in the 1930s. Couldn't make that one up!
Sun 10/12/06 at 21:58
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Some species of shark and crocodiles have been around for hundreds of millions of years.

The cealocanth has been around for some 350million years or so if I recall.

We've been around for maybe 1.5m. I say we've got time, provided we can avoid blowing ourselves to smithereens.
Sat 09/12/06 at 20:22
Regular
"I may return"
Sorry to go off the original subject, but my friend was in a funny mood, asked a science teacher what a herpe was, he replied with "it's a baby turkey" the idiot!
Sat 09/12/06 at 20:20
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
oh, ok then, thanks. you're rite science teachers do know nothing. i think alot of it is some of their own theories or just made up twaddle when they don't know wot 2 say.
Sat 09/12/06 at 20:14
Regular
"I may return"
Shepps 123 wrote:
> Sunflower wrote:
> Hmmm, science teachers at school know absolutly nothing!
>
> This didn't come from a scince teacher!
> It was freom the University of Sussex website!

I meant I got info about the Sun burning out from a science teacher, who knew nothing. The info you gave me sounded far more intelligent :)
Sat 09/12/06 at 19:59
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Me, I'm not a Scientific person, I stopped studying that sort of
> thing after getting only BB on my GCSE Dual Science!

U got better than i did, i only got a CC but i'm still interested in space kinda stuff.
Sat 09/12/06 at 19:58
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Sunflower wrote:
> Hmmm, science teachers at school know absolutly nothing!

This didn't come from a scince teacher!
It was freom the University of Sussex website!
Sat 09/12/06 at 19:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, it's a matter of who believes in this new theory, and how well known it is... if there's only a marginal possibility of it being the truth, and isn't widely spread, few will hear or know of it.

Me, I'm not a Scientific person, I stopped studying that sort of thing after getting only BB on my GCSE Dual Science!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.