GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I wonder"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If England win The Ashes what percentage of the country will go suddenly cricket mad like when they won the Rugby World Cup?
I've got no interest in the sport at all, couldn't care less, but well done to them if they do win.
But you can see legions of the self-same morons that crammed into Heathrow to cheer the rugby boys suddenly lining the streets with inflatable cricket bats, The Sun's "Owzat!" front-page and all manner of public polls declaring one of the cricketers "Golden Balls" and talking about how we've known all along we could win etc etc
Sat 13/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Cricket is one of those games which, if you know what's really going on, and you can get into the intricacies of the sport, is a lot more interesting than if you only have a vague understanding.

Some people see a load of men in white standing around and running backwards and forwards for no reason, but there's a lot more going on, it's just a shame people aren't interested enough to sit down and appreciate it.
Sat 13/08/05 at 18:52
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Cricket

*yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwn*
Sat 13/08/05 at 12:51
Regular
"That's right!"
We played cricket at primary school. When I went to high school and we had to play it for interform (all the classes compete in football, cricket and basketball) I was one of only two lads in the class who knew how to play.

And I was pretty terrible at it. Eventually, after years of moaning, they changed cricket to softball. But we'd still have more fun watching the girls playing rounders on the next field. Mmm... short skirts and running...
Fri 12/08/05 at 13:40
Regular
I can imagine the

"C'mon lads"
"Eng-uh-land!"
"We knew they'd do it"

Claims and the new "cricket wear" fashion coming in.

It's bound to happen, it's just driven by winning. If England lose, no one will really give a damn.

It's the same with other sports, i.e. Formula One. If Jenson Button wins a race at some point in the future, there'll be mass support for the sport.

"Yeah, I've been watching it all the time, was happy when our Jenson won"
"Jenson is the best racer"
"C'mon Jenson, ENG-UH-LAND! WOOO YEAH"

Etc
Fri 12/08/05 at 13:24
Regular
They should have rounders instead.

It'd still suck to watch, but it'd be easier to go for a game in the park.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I thought the last 15 balls were good on Sunday, when the game only lasted about 20 runs and it was a really tense finish. But to watch 400 runs worth of it? No thanks.

I don't like cricket, oh no...
Thu 11/08/05 at 22:50
Regular
"8==="
Didn't we win a one-day thing recently anyway?
Thu 11/08/05 at 22:47
Regular
"\\"
I like cricket. Watching it and playing it.

Won't have much more reaction to England winning other than "Heh... 'Bout time".
Thu 11/08/05 at 22:27
It's too slow.

It's like Everton vs Charlton FOR AN ENTIRE DAY.

Or three days.
Thu 11/08/05 at 21:58
Regular
"8==="
Memorandum! wrote:
> I had absolutely no idea what was
> going on or what all the numbers were, but I was bored to tears.

So it's like Eurovision but without the headache?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.