GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sid Meier's Pirates!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Don't. Seriously. It's awful.

"Take the helm of 27 upgradeable ship types" - and get all 27 of them stuck on a coast somewhere without being able to move.

"Visit ports to receive missions; build your crew, trade goods - even dance!" - press X, press X, press X, and if after this you're still there and get as far as the dancing, press what buttons you're told to in the bemani pirate version of Come Dancing.

"Jump into arcade-style 4-player Versus ship battles" - the challenge here is to find 3 other people willing to sit there, mash the X button and avoid getting their ships stuck on a coast somewhere without being able to move.

"Upload scores, and download sails, flags and content using Xbox Live" - the scores are there, there is nothing to download though. Probably just as well, unless they're going to offer rubber tyres to let your ships bounce of coasts rather than get stuck in them.

"Avast! Battle enemy ships!" - mash X.

"En garde! Duel famous pirates!" - mash X.

"Aargh! Sneak through ports!" - imagine trying to play Splinter Cell entirely in first-person view. On a wurlitzer. Whilst sea-sick.
Sat 13/08/05 at 22:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seriously, it's Morrowind....
Sat 13/08/05 at 19:44
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Bought Morrowind. Play it for 15 hours. Couldn't even kill a rat.
> Sold it.

How, exactly, could you not kill a rat?

:S
Fri 12/08/05 at 22:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's good fun on PC.

And you must be seriously terrible if you can't get your ship off the coast :S

But yeah, it's seriously limited.
Fri 12/08/05 at 22:34
Regular
"eat toast!"
thats a shame, i've got the game on the pc and having fun with the game. Theres plenty to do and provided you got the hang of steering in the wind and playiing it on a harder difficulty i don't think it would be that bad. Amusing enough for me.
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Never bothered with Morrowind. For an RPG, its characterisation is far too one dimensional - all the characters are just so boring. It's really open ended, though, but a bit boring.
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:24
Regular
Del Rogeo wrote:
> Not bad. But get Morrowind instead, unless you're after a piratey
> game.

Bought Morrowind. Play it for 15 hours. Couldn't even kill a rat.
Sold it.
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:11
Regular
"8==="
There's also some 'Legend of Black Kat' games that's supposed to be average.
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:08
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Is that Pirates of the Carribean actually any good then?

Not bad. But get Morrowind instead, unless you're after a piratey game.
Fri 12/08/05 at 15:52
Regular
So you dont hit the 'X' button much then?
Fri 12/08/05 at 13:34
Regular
"8==="
Black Glove wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Nostalgia.
>
> I can just about comprehend how this may be of some interest for
> nostalgia reasons, but this is one of those "non-games"
> that if you spend 30-odd quid on it makes you mad (even if you
> receive a full refund).

Yeah, I meant that would be a factor in why the reviewers gave it such high marks: they have fond memories of the original.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.