GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Knowledge Quiz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/12/06 at 22:19
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
What General forum doesn't have a General Knowledge quiz, well, now this one does.
In this thread General Knowledge questions will be asked and you, the people, must give answers. After this first question, the winner will be stated here and then will have to give a question; and so on and so forth. Please don't use the internet, cause where's the fun in that.

The author of the question has to tell people who guess whether they are correct or wrong.

Rules
1)If no-one gets the answer within 24 hours of it being posted then the person who set it must ask a new one.
2)If no new question is set within 5 hours someone else will have to set a new question.
3)If you find out the answer on the internet(i.e.Google,Wikipedia) then you can't enter.
4)If you answer a question, you will get a point, providing that you also set a question.
5)No points will be added to the setter's total if no-one answers their question (Because than you could just set a really hard question that no-one would get)

Scoreboard
Machie = 2 Points
Kawada = 12 Points
Grandprix = 5 Points
tnc = 23 Points
schummi = 4 Points
Sunflower = 8 Points
Nin = 27 Points
Der Nazi = 10 Points
Smedlos = 4 Points
Very_Metal = 2 Points
Alfonse = 12 Points
Vampyr = 12 Points
Coo Coo = 3 Points
Chaos = 6 Points
Timmargh = 5 Points
Hedfix = 3 Points
gr13ve = 3 Points
Revolver Ocelot = 3 Points
Dragonlance = 38 Points
Garin = 3 Points
Dana Scully = 2 Points
Hippyman = 6 Points
pete_21 = 25 Points
theweirdo666 = 4 Points
ButchML = 1 Point
Sonic Chris = 21 Points
Numnut = 4 Points
jubbachainsaw = 3 Points

Leader Board
#1 = Dragonlance = 38 Points
#2 = Nin = 27 Points
#3 = pete_21 = 25 Points
#4 = tnc = 23 Points
#5 = Sonic Chris = 21 Points
#6 = Kawada = 12 Points
#6 = Vampyr = 12 Points
#6 = Alfonse = 12 Points
#7 = Der Nazi = 10 Points
#8 = Sunflower = 8 Points
#9 = Chaos = 6 Points
#9 = Hippyman = 6 Points
#10 = Timmargh = 5 Points
#10 = Grandprix = 5 Points
#11 = Smedlos = 4 Points
#11 = schummi = 4 Points
#11 = Numnut = 4 Points
#11 = theweirdo666 = 4 Points

please be patient as i will get round to updating the leauge table + the Leader board.
In order to get on the leader board, you must be on the Scorebord with more than 3 points
Also to note: Ridiculous/non general knowlegde questions will not be accepted as proper questions (e.g."do i have to set a question now" or "what is my favourite colour").
I Reserve the Right to award, take away points and to alter or add new rules.
Page:
Mon 04/01/10 at 19:41
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
That was pretty vague, sorry DL.

It was singles so yes you are correct sir.
Mon 04/01/10 at 19:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:

> How many Wimbledon Tournaments have been won by an English player
> since it's creation?

How vague are you WH :-))

I think 10 have won the singles....(men/women from Great Britain).....if that is what you mean?
Mon 04/01/10 at 17:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Wow, what a deep opinion 0_o

I agree too I guess but I still think they were good. I find it easy to detach things though so I have that benefit. You're probably older than me though. Wahay! :D

How many Wimbledon Tournaments have been won by an English player since it's creation?
Mon 04/01/10 at 16:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> I am a massive fan of LOTR as you may have noticed. The
> literature behind the book is worth reading if you haven't
> already. Assuming you have though.
>
> The reason I thought it was a bit vague was because I thought you
> were trying to fool us with a trick question :D
>
> The movies are worth watching mate, although there will always be
> disappointment at what he left out... he still managed to capture
> some of the magic. You won't be disappointed, especially if you
> are able to seperate the fact that they are movies not the books.

Get your point WH - but sometimes a book is only a book because of the power of its words within the mind of the reader - what it creates etc. LOR for me achieved this 'high' status many years ago and I, like yourself, have my own personal 'LOR movie' running in my head. There has only been one 'movie' that has come close to my interpretation of LOR and it was an early animated version of the first book and no more were made, unfortunately. I find that, even if a movie closely follows the book, it is still imposing its interpretation on you for many reasons.

Anyway, we both adore LOR and you were correct, so we await your next question:-)
Mon 04/01/10 at 13:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I am a massive fan of LOTR as you may have noticed. The literature behind the book is worth reading if you haven't already. Assuming you have though.

The reason I thought it was a bit vague was because I thought you were trying to fool us with a trick question :D

The movies are worth watching mate, although there will always be disappointment at what he left out... he still managed to capture some of the magic. You won't be disappointed, especially if you are able to seperate the fact that they are movies not the books.
Sun 03/01/10 at 20:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> A bit vague.
>
> You could mean the original creator, Sauron.

You are totally correct WH - put simply - Sauron is the Lord of the Rings.

There is nothing 'vague' about the question, it asks quite simply 'who is the Lord of the Rings' - no fanbase drivel, no 'what you might have read elsewhere' etc etc

"Sauron forged the One Ring or Ruling Ring in the fires of Mount Doom of Mordor . He was disguised at the time as 'Annatar', Lord of the Gifts, to the Eldar and most of the rings were forged by the elves within Eregion."

As a book, I love it - cannot get enough, have read it year in and year out since when ever - infact the paperback version I bought in early '70's for the sum of £2.00 new. Haven't seen any movies and don't want to, don't subscribe to 'fanbases' - LOR is personal and totally engrossing as a 'tale' ... it is stunning:-))
Sun 03/01/10 at 16:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
A bit vague.

You could mean the original creator, Sauron.

Or his disguise when he aided the elves build the other rings as "Annatar". Think there is a bit of narrative about the crafting of the rings but don't think it mentioned the Lord though.

Or (a rather odd bit here) in some circles of Tolkien fanbases, the readers believe that the Lord of the Ring was intended for Tolkien himself in some weird way. They seem to base it on his egotistical nature, of which I don't believe he had.....
Sun 03/01/10 at 15:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> Bah I was hoping people would be caught out on that one and
> answer with how many rings there were ;(
>
> Your go :D

OK WH, there were infact 19 Rings of Power and One ring to rule them:-)

Next question:

Who was the Lord of the Rings?
Sun 03/01/10 at 15:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Oooooo next question should be guesssing w666 real name
Sun 03/01/10 at 15:05
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Bah I was hoping people would be caught out on that one and answer with how many rings there were ;(

Your go :D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.