GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STOP THE CHEATING"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 20:38
Regular
03/06/01
savatt1668
Please claim! Games Improvement
02/06/01
Robster
Please claim! Multiple PC Cheats
01/06/01
gronti_v
Please claim! The Quality Of Games
31/05/01
residentevilfan
Please claim! Consoles Today
30/05/01
Mischeif
Please claim! Gameboy Cheats Batch
29/05/01
rob_skater
Crazy Taxi Music Generator
28/05/01
Darkness_2K
Please claim! Games Shop Sim
27/05/01
mattyboy
The Bouncer Super Bombad Racing
26/05/01
gronti_v
Please claim! The Ins and Outs of RPGs
25/05/01
The Game
TWINE Multiple PS2 & Dreamcast Cheats

This is getting ridiculous now.

We were told a good review would beat a discussion or a cheat. So why do the cheats keep winning? There have been PLENTY of superb reviews happening. This is crazy.

Who's with me?

Ban cheats from winning GAD, make a NEW competition.

By the way - no one has replied to my posts about the GBA - do I get a mains adaptor or not? This service is deteriorating. Diseconomies of scale.....
Also, why don't multiple reviews count? More cheats, more likely to win - I today have posted loads of massive, informative reviews of peripherals, so should they not stand a chance?
Tue 05/06/01 at 19:18
Regular
I just found what must be the greatest cheat ever.

RAMBO 3 - Commodore 64...infinite lives
Press all the keys to make the star on the Ocean logo stop flashing. Press all the keys again to make the star flash, activating infinite lives.

Press ALL the keys on the keyboard?

Imagine the fun kids would have had trying to press all the keys... before an adult kindly turned the keyboard over for them... only for the kid to turn it back again "because it's more fun that way".
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:51
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
This may be true but I bet they never found these cheats out for themselves. Unless maybe they are passwords. It is more than likely that they copied them out of a magazine or another web page.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:49
I noticed that the people who won with cheats, actually won with multiple cheats, not just one cheat. This is probably the reason they won, and they can't have been bad cheats either. And there can't have been any good reviews or discussions on that day, so the multiple cheats won.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:46
Regular
Not a bad idea Super Gohan but just think that if you were bored one day and posted some cheats. Then won. I bet you would want the game of your choice and not a free gift prize. Well at least I know I wouldn't.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:42
Super Gohan wrote:
> I thought that people who win with cheats would get a 'free gift'
> prize.

I want gameaday to stay as it is, but change the decisions.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:38
I thought that people who win with cheats would get a 'free gift' prize.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:31
Regular
Good point. Sorry I forgot to mention that as I thought of it I get all of the current unclaimed prizes. Well there has to be some sort of reward for coming up with an original *hopefully* idea.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:30
M16 wrote:
> I for one agree! Ban cheats from winning GAD!

I don't think that you should ban cheats. I think that you should tell the judges to have a better think about who is going to win.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
No, because if I don't win, I will be very jealous indeed! ;)
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:21
Regular
Do you know what. I think that all of the unclaimed prizes should be entered into one big competition and once a month the months best post will win all of the unclaimed games for the month. JUst imagine if loads of people forgot to claim their games. I mean you would be in gaming ecstasy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.