GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where In The World?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/08/05 at 17:42
Regular
Okay, I've accepted the truth, at some point I'm going to have to get a career, and it's almost certainly going to be something I don't feel particularly passionate about (given the very small number of jobs I *do* want).

On the up side, I can go work anywhere in the country.
And I don't particularly want to live in the current north-east dive I live in at the moment.

So, where is nice to live?

(Or failing that, anywhere to avoid? *coughharlowcough*)

And if anyone has found a decent enjoyable career, please share!

Edit: P.S. By world I do, of course, mean country
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:46
Regular
Dead Spiders wrote:
> Nottingham would be a possibility. I've heard bad things about the
> crime rates

Oh ignore that rubbish. The Media slates the place too much for things like that, tarnishing the good things that it holds.

The only places that are crap to live in Nottingham are in St Anns and The Meadows.
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:30
Regular
"8==="
Edinburgh - it's like London but minus the **** bits.
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:27
Regular
Try Bath, it is a nice place, cheap (ish) and a large magazine publishing agency are there (hence the reason I visited the place).

Cambridge is nice but expensive and what's wrong with Harlow, my ex-girlfriend comes from there (she aint no chav).
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:16
Regular
Hmm, could do.

What's Brighton like?
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Dead Spiders wrote:
> Isn't london horrifically expensive though?
>
> I'd quite like a nice medium-sized city, with plenty going on, but
> not too far from a bit of countryside and stuff.

Norwich :-)
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:11
Regular
Isn't london horrifically expensive though?

I'd quite like a nice medium-sized city, with plenty going on, but not too far from a bit of countryside and stuff.

Or somewhere close to a big city.

Nottingham would be a possibility. I've heard bad things about the crime rates, but I guess you get that with every city. So a little way outside Notts would work...
Wed 10/08/05 at 18:23
Regular
Yeah, I can't be the only one thinking - go to London.
Wed 10/08/05 at 18:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
Cambridge is very nice indeed. Lots of academic based work and plenty of non-academic based work too.

Bloody expensive though.
Wed 10/08/05 at 18:00
Regular
I live in Nottingham (well, within the outer suburbs) - it has pretty good job prospects and the town centre is huge.

But surely London is going to be the main option?
Wed 10/08/05 at 17:42
Regular
Okay, I've accepted the truth, at some point I'm going to have to get a career, and it's almost certainly going to be something I don't feel particularly passionate about (given the very small number of jobs I *do* want).

On the up side, I can go work anywhere in the country.
And I don't particularly want to live in the current north-east dive I live in at the moment.

So, where is nice to live?

(Or failing that, anywhere to avoid? *coughharlowcough*)

And if anyone has found a decent enjoyable career, please share!

Edit: P.S. By world I do, of course, mean country

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.