GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where In The World?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/08/05 at 17:42
Regular
Okay, I've accepted the truth, at some point I'm going to have to get a career, and it's almost certainly going to be something I don't feel particularly passionate about (given the very small number of jobs I *do* want).

On the up side, I can go work anywhere in the country.
And I don't particularly want to live in the current north-east dive I live in at the moment.

So, where is nice to live?

(Or failing that, anywhere to avoid? *coughharlowcough*)

And if anyone has found a decent enjoyable career, please share!

Edit: P.S. By world I do, of course, mean country
Thu 11/08/05 at 04:28
Regular
munn wrote:
> And there's very few English to spoil it.

Nice, I can go somewhere everyone else wants rid of me.

Scotland could be quite good. Obviously the further north you go, the colder life gets, but maybe I could live with that.

I like nippy, frosty winters and long warm summers.

Or I could set up a tent in PC world. I should have seen that one coming, shouldn't I?

Maybe the north yorks moores would be a decent backdrop. I hear you can even find a body if you're lucky...

I guess I'm getting a better idea for the kind of place I want, I need a job now!
Thu 11/08/05 at 00:36
Agreed.

Half an hour from mountains taller than anything in England, barely any traffic, no English people, good transport, etc.
Thu 11/08/05 at 00:33
Regular
Dead Spiders wrote:
> I'd quite like a nice medium-sized city, with plenty going on, but
> not too far from a bit of countryside and stuff.

You're wanting to live in Glasgow then.

I live 12 miles from the city centre, and I'm on the edge of the green belt (literally, I look out my window and it's a field, it's 3 miles to the next village, which has a populous of about 200 or something, but it's fields and trees all the way.

And there's very few English to spoil it.
Wed 10/08/05 at 22:59
"x_fALLeN aNGeL_x"
Bradford surprise surprise is the most shitest place in the entire world never even visit *u have been warned*
Wed 10/08/05 at 22:49
Regular
"8==="
Welcome to my world. :D
Wed 10/08/05 at 22:32
Regular
"\\"
I couldn't resist :(
Wed 10/08/05 at 21:55
Regular
"8==="
Yes, we all thought it...
Wed 10/08/05 at 21:43
Regular
"\\"
PC World!
Wed 10/08/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Get as far away from London as possible!

Ignore the terrorist threats, I'm talking about the size of the place - and it's growing all the time!

People are finding it more and more expensive to live there, so they're heading even further south(ish) to places like Bristol, so they can cripple this city aswell - and before you know it, Lands End will be entoxicated with mile-high skyscrapers, office blocks and double decker buses.... :S

I hear Wales is still cheap, if rather miserable weatherwise at times. I can't seem them ever going that far. Not in our lifetime.
Wed 10/08/05 at 20:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I remember you getting quite enthusiastic over that snooker cue case you were looking to make. Getting your tools together, working with timber...

Have you ever given that a second thought?

Perhaps you could try a course in cabinet making or furniture making at college? Or at least go for an open day of some kind?

Trouble is, at your age, you'll now be looking at the greater part of £1,000 in tuition fees and all. With the right skills, you could work wherever you want, given the growing shortage of skilled craftsmen these days.

Stay away from Dentistry, that's one thing I will say. I've been told before it's the most suicidal profession of them all, apprently. Plus, my dentist has TERRIBLE teeth, funnily enough.

Small little room; soft, classical music in the background; hundreds of tiny, sharp metal things in the draw beside you... It may not be quite that much of a shock after all! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.