GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sims 2 Install problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims 2'.
Mon 18/10/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just got the Sims 2 and i've installed it, that bit is no problem, however now when i try to actually play the game the Sims 2 screen pops up then a message pops up saying something about can't read the disc, application error.

Anyone know what's up with it?
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:23
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Lucy-Jane wrote:
> Trish wrote:
> What is the exact error message? That might help if we new that,
> theres various reasons why it cant read the disc, the clue is in the
> message.
>
> We know what my error message was. Its my video card on the lap top.
> Luckily is ok on the pc.

Are you sure you dont just need to download the update from the manufacturers website? Or is that something else? Thats what I have to do when I got a video card message anyways.
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Trish wrote:
> What is the exact error message? That might help if we new that,
> theres various reasons why it cant read the disc, the clue is in the
> message.

We know what my error message was. Its my video card on the lap top. Luckily is ok on the pc.
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Lipe wrote:
> *whispers to Lucy* The Sims isn't one of the most popular games around
> here :P

Lipe i know. But then again everyone has different taste in games. Not all games can please everyone
Wed 27/10/04 at 16:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> *whispers to Lucy* The Sims isn't one of the most popular games around
> here :P

I'll admit the Sims 2 has some (few) new interesting additions, like making a family of misshaped headed freaks and seeing the mutant offspring they bring into the world. Other than that, bleh.
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:23
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
What is the exact error message? That might help if we new that, theres various reasons why it cant read the disc, the clue is in the message.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:51
Regular
*whispers to Lucy* The Sims isn't one of the most popular games around here :P
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lucy-Jane wrote:
> Theres a problem with the sims on certain pcs/lap tops. its happened
> to me. £34. game i cant even use! PAH!

It must be a sign.
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Theres a problem with the sims on certain pcs/lap tops. its happened to me. £34. game i cant even use! PAH!
Wed 20/10/04 at 14:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm in agreement with the others, get an exchange.

I can't see what problems you'd have if you had the DVD game (unless, of course, you didn't have a DVD drive in which case you wouldn't be able to run the game anyway) my sister has the CD version and it runs fine through our DVD drive.
Tue 19/10/04 at 15:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Reinstalled it a couple of times no luck, i've been on a couple of message boards and they were talking about DVD and CD versions. I'm guessing i've got the CD one as it's on 4 discs so i doubt that's what's wrong with it.

Meh stupid bloody PC, never can get any game to install properly first time

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.