GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man died after playing games for 50 hours"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Mozzy"
SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing on-line battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.
Wed 10/08/05 at 13:52
"High polygon count"
Cool, let's have an SR competition.

"How long can you play games before you die?"

Winner gets a free top-of-the-range MAXX PC.

(Nice cheap compo for SR there...)
Wed 10/08/05 at 13:46
Regular
"..."
Pah, he had no stamina.

I worked more hours than that getting my dissertation finished when I was at Uni.
Wed 10/08/05 at 13:24
Regular
This Korean guy died after playing for 86 hours, 3 years ago

[URL]http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/10/10/man_dies_playing_computer_games/[/URL]
Wed 10/08/05 at 09:02
Regular
I did a 17 hour Wipeout 2097 session with some friends when I was younger, but as there were three of us playing a two player game, I guess we had sufficient breaks to survive it. Might not try that again though.
Wed 10/08/05 at 08:02
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
He sounds an idiot,what a life sitting in front of a screen for that long!
Tue 09/08/05 at 21:17
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Well, it´s a more preferable way to go than being drawn and quartered, I´ll give you that.

Although it was stupid of him.
Tue 09/08/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
When I read the title I thougt it said "Gran".

Weird world
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Mozzy"
I wonder what game he was playing. It must be good if he paid to play it for 50 hours in an internet Cafe.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
Until we know why the brain actually needs sleep all we can do is guess.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I wonder why it actually happens.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.