GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Further Owen-related news"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 12:30
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
MICHAEL OWEN could be offered a return ticket to Liverpool after Rafael Benitez was persuaded by the Anfield board to consider taking the England striker back.

The Reds boss was lukewarm about the former Anfield man earlier in the summer, preferring to sign Peter Crouch from Southampton.

But after encouragement from his board, the Spaniard has indicated he is prepared to do business if the price is right.

As Owen's Real Madrid career was effectively ended by the Spanish club's claim that both Manchester United and Newcastle had made moves to bring him back to England, Liverpool were hovering in the background.

Manchester United, within an hour of the Real Madrid claim, issued an emphatic denial and Owen, in turn, rejected an offer to join Newcastle.

Benitez now plans to offload Czech striker Milan Baros within the next 48 hours to pave the way for Owen's return to Merseyside.

The Liverpool boss has done something of a U-turn over Owen's merits after opting to sign Crouch rather than the former Anfield favourite.

But with Madrid lowering the asking price after having no takers for their original £16million valuation, Benitez and the Liverpool board are now ready to step in and offer Owen the escape route he needs - if the price is right.

A day of confusion over Owen's future began when Real spokesman Antonio Garcia Ferreras said: "Newcastle are very interested in Owen.

"They are following him closely and are showing the most concrete interest. However, there are other sides showing an interest, including Manchester United."

That latter claim was emphatically denied by United, although Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd, who has made an initial £11m bid, confirmed: "We've had a discussion with Madrid but we won't be commenting further on any speculation."

But Newcastle's hopes were ended when Owen turned down the chance to join them in time for a sensational debut at Arsenal on Sunday.

Real Madrid's up-for-grabs striker was given the chance to make the deal happen yesterday but said 'no' to Graeme Souness's club.

And that has left an opening for Liverpool to exploit, especially with Benitez confident of wrapping up the £6m sale of Baros to either Lyon or Monaco. Benitez has come to the view that his return makes commercial and football sense if it does not impinge on his other transfer activity.

Liverpool will ask Real to allow Owen to join them on loan with a view to a permanent move back. The Bernabeu club want Owen off their books within a fortnight.
-----------------

...his transfer his edging closer and closer, which is a good thing.

I also heard a short while ago that one of the reasons Gerrard re-signed was the promise of Owen returning.
Tue 09/08/05 at 18:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Super Kev wrote:
> Sky Sports news just said that Michael Owen has been spooted at
> Liverpool's Training ground.

Must just be paying a visit on his way to the United training ground :-D
Tue 09/08/05 at 17:12
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
>
>
> Someone's read The Times today...Plagurising is a crime, y'know.
> You're racking up quite a few.
>
> Plagarism is a crime, fortunatly I just took the point that article
> made, agreed and said it myself.

--

i.e. you plagurised.

--
> I have no idea where I got it from, I just read it and agreed. It's
> not as if I copied it!

--

Actually, yes it is. I read that article this morning, and you've said everything they said, without a "The Time says" or even a "Neal says". Tut tut. Go take a long hard look in the mirror - but don't try and burn it.
Tue 09/08/05 at 17:09
Regular
Stryke wrote:

>
> Someone's read The Times today...Plagurising is a crime, y'know.
> You're racking up quite a few.

Plagarism is a crime, fortunatly I just took the point that article made, agreed and said it myself.

I have no idea where I got it from, I just read it and agreed. It's not as if I copied it!
Tue 09/08/05 at 17:07
Regular
He is best mates with Jamie Carragher, y'know. Weren't they best men for each other when they both got married last month? (Aw, bless).

Must not..get excited...about Mikey....gnnnnnuuuhhh...
Tue 09/08/05 at 17:06
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Sky Sports news just said that Michael Owen has been spooted at Liverpool's Training ground.
Tue 09/08/05 at 16:59
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Apparently Gallas is back in Rafa's sights as well. I hope this is
> true.
>
> Cause where are the defenders eh?? Upson?
>
> This is getting silly, you win the champions league but can't get any
> new finacial backers! So you're left with 20 million and whatever you
> get for the selling of players.
>
> So what does Rafa do with the new found fame he has acchieved? He
> brings in Zenden on a free, Reina who wanted to come last season and
> Crouch who would move to Liverpool even if the hadn't won the
> champions league because he was playing for relagated
> Southampton!!!!

--

Someone's read The Times today...Plagurising is a crime, y'know. You're racking up quite a few.
Tue 09/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Mav wrote:
> They could have an elite midfield triangle if the play him just behind
> Gerrard and Alonso, allowing the latter two to come forward and attack
> more.

But thats what Hamann does.
Tue 09/08/05 at 14:49
Regular
They could have an elite midfield triangle if the play him just behind Gerrard and Alonso, allowing the latter two to come forward and attack more.
Tue 09/08/05 at 14:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
To be fair, Sissoko looks like he could be a very good player for Liverpool.
Tue 09/08/05 at 14:00
Regular
Apparently Gallas is back in Rafa's sights as well. I hope this is true.

Cause where are the defenders eh?? Upson?

This is getting silly, you win the champions league but can't get any new finacial backers! So you're left with 20 million and whatever you get for the selling of players.

So what does Rafa do with the new found fame he has acchieved? He brings in Zenden on a free, Reina who wanted to come last season and Crouch who would move to Liverpool even if the hadn't won the champions league because he was playing for relagated Southampton!!!!

Sissoko (that's because Benitez wants his children) and who else? Gonzales who isn't allowed to play as he isn't "good enough".

Christ.

I think the ever increasing price of the new stadium isn't helping.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.