GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exam Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 10:01
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Todays the day all the Scottish 15-18 year olds get their exam results... Im like the only person I know who doesnt have mine yet :@ Most people seem to have done really well. Im one B pass from getting into a course. Anyone from here getting theirs today?
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
And well done all you Scots.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:18
Regular
"You've upset me"
gold chocobo wrote:
> I've finished year 10 at my school so I will be starting to prepare
> for my GCSE's.
>
> To be honest i'm quite nervous, were they quite difficult when any of
> you took them?

I did mine this year and they really aren''t anything to get worked up about. In the two terms before you sit them you'll start doing exam practice more and more often and then you've got the mocks in the term before hand. Of course you've then got the last term, where you've finished the syllabus in nearly every subject and the whole term is spent doing practice paper after practice paper. Believe me, by the time the exams actually come round you'll be glad to be sitting them, simply as it means no more sodding practice :-)

The best advice I can give you really is to simply not get your knickers in a twist over them. The actual subject matter isn't anything particularly challenging and you'll be well drilled in answering questions in the right style when the time comes. So just relax and enjoy your last year of compulsory education.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:17
Regular
I spent last year messing around and my grades show it.

But I don't care, I'd rather have a year of fun than 3 good grades which don't make a difference to anything.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:16
Regular
I agree, sort of.

My mate did alright last year (2 A's, a B and a C), but he never bothered applying to UCAS; "CBA" he said.

A few months ago he applied for an apprenticeship with a Chemical company in Paisley to become a Chemist (suprisingly enough). He'll go to Uni once a week and learn there, and he didn't even need Highers to get it (though I'm sure they helped).

He starts in two weeks.

It's a job most people would dream of having when they leave Uni.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
down wrote:
> What did you do?

Well, I did get 6 Highers, but over two years. In S5 I did English, History and Business Management at Higher and Biotechnology and Maths at Int2. Then in S6 I did Administration, Media Studies and Modern Studies at Higher and Travel & Tourism at Int2. Didn't get A's in all of them, as in 5th Year History and Business were quite difficult, and in 6th Year I spent the whole year messing about and so didn't do as well as I should of in what are actually relatively easy courses.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Yeah, because if I don't get the grades I need to get into uni it
> doesn't matter! They'll let me in anyway!

I was actually making reference to the fact that up here if you don't do well it's apparently the end of the world. A couple of exam-day mishaps = tragedy. When in reality you've technically got all of your life to pass exams. Obviously that's not ideal, but you know what I mean.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:09
Regular
down wrote:
> It's not as bad as it looks - I only had to study for three.

You STUDIED?

Oh, that explains it.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:09
:(
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:08
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> down wrote:
> English, Maths, Chemistry, French, Human Biology, Modern Studies.
>
> Worst subject list ever. And you got 6 A's? You're obviously
> superhuman.

Either that or he hasn't seen daylight since May '02.
Tue 09/08/05 at 13:07
AfroJoe wrote:
> down wrote:
> English, Maths, Chemistry, French, Human Biology, Modern Studies.
>
> Worst subject list ever. And you got 6 A's? You're obviously
> superhuman.

What did you do?

It's not as bad as it looks - I only had to study for three.

French, you get a dictionary. It's almost impossible to fail.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.