GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This doesn't seem right"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/little_manhattan/[/URL]
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:42
Regular
"8==="
Again with the gay-sounding metaphors. :P

Still only half of them are gay-sounding this time around, the other half just sounds like you think movies are women or something.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I missed the first half of the trailer because I set it off before I had a wazz and couldn't stop it, but it looked like a pedo-romantic comedy. Am I close?

Trailers are evil, they tease and flash a bit of nipple, but ultimately they're the high-class hooker you just can't afford. Agree with the point of trailers spoiling movies, The Island in particular - too many movies have been tarnished with cruddy trailers that shoot their load in the first minute.

I've made myself a promise that I won't watch any trailers or promotional material for Transformers until it comes out in 2007. I've never ever watched a film at the movies with no preconception, I've always either seen a trailer or read a review or blah blah blah. I wanna go in cold for that bad boy.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
True, awesome trailer - dreadful film.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:03
Regular
Example of an excellent trailer - Underworld. I remember us dicussing it on here when it came out. We were all going "Yes, werewolves fighting vamps! Beckinsale in PVC! Gonna be awesome!". We said this because the trailer showed us werewolves chasing cars and Kate looking hot and knives and stuff.

So we paid our money and went to see the film, which turned out to be a big steaming pile that involved Bill Nighy and some crap about a werewolf/vampire corssbreed that's just a greeny Hollywood guy.

Balls to Underworld. But if you want to sell a film, you hire their trailer guy.
Mon 08/08/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's a good point about trailers.
I think they should indicate a vague something about the storyline, but certainly should demonstrate what sort of movie you're going to watch.
Like Batman Begins - you saw some of the training with Liam Neeson, a couple of the villains and the love interest, the bare plot points were there. And the rest was Batman action, so you knew the genre you were looking at.

Then take something like The Island.
Now that's not my sort of film, but I've seen the trailers.
And I now know from 1:30 of trailer that the Island doesn't really exist, that they're clones being used for bodypart harvest and they escape to try and live free.
I've seen the action setpieces of motorway crashes, jetbike chase things and lots of running.
So why do I need to go see the film?
A good trailer lifts the lid and lets you peek in quickly, a bad trailer takes the lid right off and lets you rummage about before going "naaah" and wandering off.

Here's The Island trailer, it tells you everything everything about the plot in detail. Negates the need to watch the thing
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_island/trailer_2/[/URL]

Here's the trailer for A History of Violence. It tells you a nice, everyday guy might not be that at all. But the guy casting doubt could be lying, he looks like a villain and does villainy things. But that's about all you get
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/ahistoryofviolence/[/URL]

Now I'm not talking about whether the two films are any good or not or to your tastes, it's purely about the style of the trailer
Mon 08/08/05 at 21:35
Regular
Haha.
Mon 08/08/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Nothing is as big as your first love"

*snort*

Meh, it looks, gay?
Mon 08/08/05 at 20:46
Regular
"8==="
RoJ wrote:
> The Stuart Little trailer was good. They managed to show the only two
> funny jokes in it which tricked you into watching the other 83 minutes
> of crud at the cinema.

and at the same time something fairly good like Titan A.E. gets ignored by the ignorant masses.
Mon 08/08/05 at 20:45
Regular
"8==="
I hate it when they show you the best two sequences in the trailer.

It becomes easy to tell which films are doing that and even easier to not bother going to see them.
Mon 08/08/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Not a Jew"
The Stuart Little trailer was good. They managed to show the only two funny jokes in it which tricked you into watching the other 83 minutes of crud at the cinema.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.