GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your favourite classical piece"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 18:09
Regular
"serenity now!"
I'm not into classical music in a big way, but there are a few pieces I love (and I use to test out my system with new speakers etc.).

A few bits I like:

Barber's Adagio for strings

Faure (sp?) - Pavane

Andrea Bocelli - Con Te Partiro (amazing vocals, and reminds me of Sopranos)

Duetto Sul'Aria from Marriage of Figaro (thanks tnc and Timmargh)

and some other stuff I can't really think of now at work.

Anyone have any other recommendations? Don't be shy, they can be from adverts and films too :)
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:56
Regular
"0228"
But I'm the only one here. Oh well, Blackadder's on in a minute.
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:54
Regular
"serenity now!"
I didn't quite get to the end. I'm not sure what to say. I hope he goes far.

On that note, I think I'll call it a night, and leave the forum to you jobless wonders :P
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:46
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Dying-To-Live-The-Downstairs-Monster[/URL]

It doesn't really fit into any particular category. It's just great.
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:44
Regular
"serenity now!"
:D

I've yet to hear that - maybe I'll check it out. I like his stories so maybe his music is OK. What kind of stuff is it?
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:41
Regular
"0228"
What about crossbob's music? The Downstairs Monster is a true classic.
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:39
Regular
"serenity now!"
All sorts really - i listen to a lot of hip hop, mostly British stuff these days, plus indie type stuff - mostly the more acousticy slower stuff, kinda like my taste in classical. I also like old soul, and jungle from about ten years ago.
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:35
Regular
"0228"
smv wrote:
> Not everyone here is in their teens

No, but the majority are. What are you into other than classical then?
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:33
Regular
"serenity now!"
Not everyone here is in their teens, and this thread's had some benefits already.
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:27
Regular
"0228"
smv wrote:
> I try not to go on the forums too much outside of hours

Why ever not? Don't you enjoy spending your free time talking with a group of teens? I take it you don't have a girlfriend either, otherwise you definitely wouldn't be here. My story about you is starting to make more and more sense.
Tue 09/08/05 at 01:23
Regular
"serenity now!"
I try not to go on the forums too much outside of hours, try and keep work and home separate (heh, Snuggly taught me how to stop mis-spelling that word) and all that.

Was listening to music tonight though so I thought I'd check this thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.