GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today I went to the Safari Park"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 23:28
Regular
"0228"
Feel my pain.

Today I planned to start the day by watching the cricket conclude and then spend the afternoon watching the Community Shield but no, I can't hae those simple pleasures can I?

I am woken from deep sleep by an annoying high pitched voice telling me the marvellous news. I drowsily made my way around the house saying, "Nooo, no, noo!" hoping that somebody would hear and understand. Nobody did.

So, I was driven away knowing that I missing the conclusion to the cricket and to make matters worse I was forced into listening to a showtunes CD that came free in the Daily Mail. I truly wanted to die, especially as Mr. Mistoffelees was on repeat for about 15 minutes. Anybody that's ever heard that song will understand.

I always used to enjoy watching the monkeys rip the windscreen wipers off cars but they all caught a disease a few years back and were burnt or something like that so I had nothing to look forward to. We did not start by viewing the animals though, no, we went into the amusement park type section with the restaurants, etc. There was also a reptile house here and an old woman had a fit in there and fell to the floor. They even had to bring an ambulance in. I also noticed that some of the members of staff seemed to find it highly amusing.

This was followed by the sealion show. I've seen it hundreds of times. It's always been crap. It started quite promisingly though, with the sealions coming onto the stage accompanied by the A-Team theme music. Disappointingly, Mr. T was not one of the trainers. Instead, we we're given some annoying twenty-something year old woman who ended ebery sentence with "guys". "How's it goin' guys? Shall we give 'em a round of applause guys? That's not loud enough guys?"

We moved swiftly to the amusement park. It doesn't really deserve that title though considering it did not amuse. The rides are awful although they have greatly improved since I was younger. That's not saying much though. In protest of the crapness I refused to have a wristband knowing that all I'd end up doing is sit on little trains with my 5 year old brother.

My gran, being the genius that she is, decided to let my brother try to get on the carousel himself. This is tough for a 5 year old, those horses are high up and even if he did make it up, somebody of his height should be accompanied by an adult unless they don't mind falling off and cracking their head open. He made it halfway on to the horse but then sat there with his feet in awkward positions, crying, and ready to fall of at any moment. That was my cue to leap over the railings, pull him off and carry him back over the railings just before the ride started. Then we dumped him on a little train instead and everybody was happy.

I also found the ultimate ride for paedophiles. You could get some unwanted views if you stand underneath it, especially when little girls wear little dresses and skirts in summer. I managed to escape before seeing anything unsavoury.

There's nothing else worth mentioning other than the fact that we didn't actually do the safari bit because they'd closed by the time we reached the car again. Now all I have to do is wait for Today at the Test to come on.

And for anybody that hasn't heard about that gitty cat: [URL]http://www.musicalarchiv.ch/a_sound/cats_19.mp3[/URL]

Now do you understand? Weep for me.
Mon 08/08/05 at 02:43
Regular
"Catch it!"
What website did you host that song? Please can you tell me.
Mon 08/08/05 at 02:37
Regular
"Catch it!"
Ahhh im a bit worried about that song.
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:16
Regular
"0228"
Tagline wrote:
> JFH wrote:
> They did have meercats though.
>
> Hakuna Matata

I found my Lion King sound track the other day. I love it dearly.
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:15
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
> They had orang-utans.

Laucky bas'. I want to see orang-utans. I think I'll pay to go to one of those sanctuary things in Africa and then kidnap some. I'll get you one too if you like.
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:13
Regular
JFH wrote:
> They did have meercats though.

Hakuna Matata
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:11
Regular
Chester Zoo, Whipsnade Zoo, Marwell Safari Park, Woburn (near me), Prague Zoo, Vienna Tiergarten, Salzburg Tiergarten - my zoos.

Whipsnade and Chester so many times, though. I love Whipsnade, in particular. Best was Vienna, though. They had orang-utans.
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:09
Regular
"0228"
My grandad used to be in charge of Dudley zoo meaning I got many free visists. Unfortunately, Dudley zoo isn't exactly brilliant. They did have meercats though.
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:04
Regular
Best thing I've seen at a zoo is a polar bear, in Vienna. It roared at my and my travelling buddies, then tried to get at us by diving into it's pool of water. It failed, but got us wet. Our triumph was fleeting, however, because it is adapted to being wet. We had to go back to the hostel and change.

If I could have thrown metal bits at it, I would've.
Mon 08/08/05 at 00:01
Regular
"0228"
I was hoping for sealion fights when the A-Team nusic came on. It was not to be. Monkeys are the best animals though, easily.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:59
Regular
Hippos are alright, but I judge animals by how good they'd be fighting each other. Hippos are crap. Alright, they have the teeth and weight factor, but when you get down to it they're basically an even fatter rhino that'd rather swim than fight people.

Seal fights, that'd be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.