GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 30"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 15:50
Regular
"8==="
Wow, so I won?

Huh!

Hello, I am not Memo, and I live in your toupe.

Okay, the rules are;
:- Shoot tresspassers for texan money!
:- Only one entry per merm (person) no teamsters!
:- Entries have to be within 400 words
:- No Crossbob

I am Memo, and I hereby claim my hindi blessing.

The topic is Fish Paste!?.....Why that's genius!
The closing date is August 20th
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:50
Regular
"8==="
Pfft.

Some people have no imagination.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I would, honest, but the topic has me stumped :)
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:48
Regular
"8==="
Actually contribute something then rather than trying to dodge the issue by showing past work.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Stryke wrote:
> You're actually trying to prove yourself to Hedfix?

NO! Of course not. Well... alright I was and I'm suitably ashamed of myself :(
Thu 11/08/05 at 16:19
Regular
"8==="
Just stating fact.

You're not actually worth insulting.
Thu 11/08/05 at 16:17
Regular
C'mon, if it's too hard to insult me properly, then just don't bother.
Thu 11/08/05 at 16:16
Regular
"8==="
Idiot.
Thu 11/08/05 at 15:59
Regular
You're actually trying to prove yourself to Hedfix? Go and read his winner of Memo's SSC29. Don't laugh too much.
Thu 11/08/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Hedfix wrote:
> If you can't do something skillful in 400 words then don't bother.

Me-ow!

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=111623&forumid=423[/URL]

May not be skillful but it is less than 400 words and I liked it.

Insane Bartender wrote:
> Stuff

I kinda agree except that the current SSC entries often range from approx. 400 words (or even less) to several thousand. However the SSC 29 'Bell....hound' was a pure skit take while we were waiting for the 'official' (for want of a better word) SSC 28 to be judged. The fact that Memo called his thread SSC29, which was the next in the series, and not something unrelated or original, was proof enough that it was a skit. Especially with the opening line of 'I won' in his original post. When Stryke sets the next comp. it should be SSC30, which strangely enough is what Hedfix has called his.

The bottom line, and biggest headache for me, is it really screws me up for the updates in the sticky topic!

> and general drivel (CrossBob).

:D
Wed 10/08/05 at 22:48
Regular
"8==="
Exactly.

Personally I'm not that interested in writing pages and pages only for 5/6 people to read it.

Now a weird story of 400-800 words? Much better.

Will have to start calling it 'Shorter Story Competition' though and lower the numbers so as to make it less of a parody.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.