GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aaarrrrrrrr - Brain Ache"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/08/05 at 16:09
Regular
I'm plugging away at my uni project, deadline growing on the horizon, problems a plenty to sort out, and a big messy subject matter that refuses to be neatly sequenced.

You know that stage - where your brain just begins to cloud over and you can't think clearly? Where you can't concentrate or focus on what you're doing?

How do you overcome it?
Fri 05/08/05 at 16:09
Regular
I'm plugging away at my uni project, deadline growing on the horizon, problems a plenty to sort out, and a big messy subject matter that refuses to be neatly sequenced.

You know that stage - where your brain just begins to cloud over and you can't think clearly? Where you can't concentrate or focus on what you're doing?

How do you overcome it?
Fri 05/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Fresh air or masturbation.

:-/
Fri 05/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
I used to go sit in the garden and have a cigarette but I've quit so my only real (personal) solution to the problem is gone :( Basically I can't help you.
Fri 05/08/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.'

Douglas Adams
Fri 05/08/05 at 18:32
Regular
"you've got a beard"
you've not broken for summer yet?!?!?!?
or are you doing a masters or something?
Fri 05/08/05 at 22:37
Regular
I'm doing a MSc, so no summer for me :^S

Over the course so far, I've averaged high 60s, which gives me a chance at a distinction. If this project pwns everyones eyes.
The subject I'm working on is actually fair game for good marks too.

Unfortunately, my pages and pages of writing are likely to be as foggy and jumbled as the thoughts in my mind. And at present I can't bear / manage to read over what I've written.

Also, I'm behind schedule and sceptical about my chances of catching up. I have major problems in every area of work I plan to pursue.

And I think my supervisor, who will be both helping me through the project and deciding half my mark, seems to be taking a bit of a dislike to me. It's all over a misunderstanding (isn't it always?) but I tried to see him this afternoon to straigten things out and he'd gone home for the weekend.

So now I have to strike when the iron is quite cold, on monday, when his bad thoughts about my attitude will have grooved a little further in his brain and I'll be a little less fluent with what I planned to say to him.

But most of all, I need to be producing high quality work and quickly, but my brain only wants to produce potentially inappropriate (and thus useless) work, written very unclearly, and is producing it very slowly.

Although the good news is that if I mentally collapse under the pressure in spectacular enough style I might get an extension.
And that feels like a real possibility at the moment.
Fri 05/08/05 at 22:54
Regular
Speed.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:56
Regular
Take a nice long break ... do something that takes your mind off it completely
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:00
Regular
"8==="
Flowchart? ;D
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:02
Regular
I was thinking along the lines of "Mindmap", as we have to call the much more dynamically named "Brainstorms" so as not to offend those with Epilepsy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.