GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LAN games (NOT necessarily internet games)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/10/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Shane King"
Hi there,

I have been a regular PS2 player for the last couple of years or so and now I want to try LAN enabled games so that I can play against my son at home. We don't need to go out to the internet.

We have a PS2 console and a network adapter each. We can play timesplitters 2 together without having to go to the internet. This is achieved by playing across our small 2-person LAN.

However, I just bought Destruction Derby arenas (with network play) but we cannot do this as we must go on to the internet !!!

Therefore,

Does anyone have a list of games that we can truly play across our 2-man LAN ? We do not have the PS2 consoles that have the i.link cable so we're only interested in LAN enabled games.

I'd be really grateful for a response.

Regards,

Shane
Thu 28/10/04 at 06:48
Regular
"Shane King"
Coin wrote:
> I agree.
>
> How did you set up TS2?

I used a D-Link 614 router and connected each of the PS2 consoles to it using standard ethernet.

So, you need two PS2s, two CDs of the game, two network cards for the PS2s, two ethernet cables and a router.

Beware - you can't just use a standard hub, you do need a router that accepts NAT (Network Address Translation perhaps ?)

Other LAN games that work that I have are Socom II, Toca Driver 2 and Spliter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow.

Hope this helps,

Shane
Wed 20/10/04 at 16:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have no idea about LAN gaming on PS2, sorry, but jesus, shut the hell up you idiots!

Shaners, or whatever, look around the techy websites for PS2 - they'll have it.
Wed 20/10/04 at 14:44
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Never mind
Wed 20/10/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
I agree.

How did you set up TS2?
Wed 20/10/04 at 09:57
Regular
I would but I have no experience in PS2 LAN gaming. I can only assume his solution would be System Link, but he says he has no iLink ports.

Buggered if I know.
Wed 20/10/04 at 09:52
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Care to oblige him rather then telling the worl how stupid you think we are?
Wed 20/10/04 at 09:51
Regular
I can't believe this guy is having so much trouble trying to get advice on LAN gaming.

Sensible answers usually help.
Wed 20/10/04 at 09:46
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Maybe he wasnts the whole screen, being a very selfish little Shane.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Tue 19/10/04 at 22:13
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Or even better why don't you just play offline on the same screen?

Since its only you and your son.
Tue 19/10/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Bicycle"
Why don't you just go online?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.