GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wrestling - Soap or Sport?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/08/05 at 20:40
Regular
"True Gamer!"
I know im not the only one to think this, but wrestling isnt really wrestling anymore, its more of a soap, i turned wrestling on and for the first 20 minutes all i saw was some wrestler speaking in the ring about some other wrestler, and then after a while the other wrestler came out, and then they were arguing, then a fight started, it took 20 minutes to get a pathetic fight, when i first started watching wrestling, it was about 5 minutes little talk in the whole show and the rest was wrestling. It still had a story to it, but now theres too much rubbish predictable story. And the fighting in heavyweight division are more pathetic than ever, no great fights like andre the giant and hulk hogan, and the wrestling back then was more wrestling that acrobatics. Wrestling is not what it used to be.
Wed 03/08/05 at 20:40
Regular
"True Gamer!"
I know im not the only one to think this, but wrestling isnt really wrestling anymore, its more of a soap, i turned wrestling on and for the first 20 minutes all i saw was some wrestler speaking in the ring about some other wrestler, and then after a while the other wrestler came out, and then they were arguing, then a fight started, it took 20 minutes to get a pathetic fight, when i first started watching wrestling, it was about 5 minutes little talk in the whole show and the rest was wrestling. It still had a story to it, but now theres too much rubbish predictable story. And the fighting in heavyweight division are more pathetic than ever, no great fights like andre the giant and hulk hogan, and the wrestling back then was more wrestling that acrobatics. Wrestling is not what it used to be.
Wed 03/08/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Ow Yer"
yer wwe is more like a soap these days i think! watch TNA thats much better
Thu 04/08/05 at 07:59
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
Yeah TNA shows are about 50 minutes compared to the WWE's 2 Hours but there is far more wrestling in TNA shows than WWE shows these days!
Wed 17/08/05 at 18:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
True, I'd much rather have say a 1 1/2 hour show that's mostly wrestling with short 1 minute backstage promos than a 2 hour show where the first 20 minutes is a wrestler coming out and talking the same rubbish about his opponent just like the week before.
Thu 18/08/05 at 13:59
Regular
"..."
Solitary_daz wrote:
> Stuff

You've made the classic mistake of using the term 'Wrestling' when you actually mean WWE. There are a good number of feds out there that put in-ring action way above any stupid storylines...go watch some TNA, some CZW, some IWA-MS, some Chikara or most noteably some ROH.
Thu 18/08/05 at 17:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
smedlos - you can't really get any kind of storyline point across in a minute though, especially not deep into a feud. i agree that most long promos are dull and 20 minutes is excessive, but if they cut them all down to 1 minute you'd be back here complaining that the stories we too weak.
there needs to be a compromise though.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Agreed but the balance isn't there anymore. What needs to happen is a big build up to a match that happens only once and moves on - I'm excited about the Hogan Michaels match because of the build up week by week and you can guarantee it won't happen again but what really bugs me is a match fought over and over again with the wrestlers slagging each other off month after month- HHH vs Batista was a disaster even though they changed the match type.

Some classic matches from the past were the result of months of promos - Hogan vs Andre at WM3, Hogan vs Warrior at WM6 to name 2 but the constant bore of 2 wrestlers going at it month after month eg Batista and JBL makes me want to turn off!
Thu 18/08/05 at 23:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i hear that, it's really boring when you know that you're going to see the same main even 3 months in a row as people use their "rematch clause" and then their "re-rematch clause" if your name is HHH and you're booked to lose twice. it's a tedious pattern for sure.
Thu 18/08/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Indeed

HHH - I challenge you
Batista - But i beat you
HHH - I'm using my rematch clause
Batista - Didn't you use that last month
HHH - Yes but this is my re-rematch clause
Batista - Do they even exist
HHH - I'm screwing the boss's daughter so yes it does. Now shut up and give me back my belt you.
Thu 18/08/05 at 23:55
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Whats the betting HHH returns after Summerslam and wins the belt back in his first match?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.