GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going Retro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/08/05 at 13:54
Regular
"~DPG~"
I have had enough of the current consoles and really, think the main 3 have had their time now. I was willing to pay around £30 for games in the beginning, but now i don't feel i need to. many games don't interest me or are basically tosh. I am going to trade my PS2 + about 23 games and just buy a MegaDrive, Mega CD, Snes and many, many games.

I'm not hanging up my control for good, just going retro. I remember as a youth i could never get bored of tirelessly playing Sonic and Mario games and feel sad tht i've been without the golden old games we all were brought up with.

I'll have a hard time searching for games but when i have them, ill be able to respect them for what they are. Games. We don't play games for fun now and the prices and gameplay haven't always been top notch recently. Also, i don't think ill be missing out on any of the new PS2 games, as the next gen of consoles will be out and i have decided not to get any of them.

My Reason? Price,Time i have to use them, getting a job soon, so i wont be able to spend so many hours on games. I have enjoyed them and have no intentions of giving up, but just going to play some fun classics while they are still just about still around.

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
Fri 05/08/05 at 00:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Xzibit wrote:
> This maybe VERY retro, but wasnt Pong the first 'game' ever
> created..Or was it tetris?

No no and no.

It was Spacewar. And the first home console was called the Odyssey.
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Xzibit wrote:
> This maybe VERY retro, but wasnt Pong the first 'game' ever
> created..Or was it tetris?

Sorry to give it away but [URL]http;//www.pong-story.com[/URL]
Thu 04/08/05 at 21:58
Regular
[URL]http://www.infoplease.com/spot/gamestimeline1.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~pcxee/google_flash.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://justfuckinggoogleit.com[/URL]
Thu 04/08/05 at 21:39
Regular
"~DPG~"
This maybe VERY retro, but wasnt Pong the first 'game' ever created..Or was it tetris?
Thu 04/08/05 at 21:38
Regular
Speedball on the Amiga 500 actually took away my life for a while. That Chaos Engine and Syndicate.
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Your Honour wrote:
> Retro to me means playing Stunt Car Racer on my Amiga.

that game was light years ahead of itself, it had link up for crying out loud!!
that and knights of the sky :D
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:33
Regular
"~DPG~"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Xzibit wrote:
> Nintendo were much better back then. FACT.
>
> I don't disagree. The Gamecube hasn't exactly been the best console
> I've ever owned.
>
> However, I distinctly remember me using Super Mario Kart as an
> example recently, and you disagreeing and saying that Mario Kart:
> Double Dash (my other example), was much better.
>
> Then you hit out with this?
>
> Get some consistency.

Lets just forgive and forget, i sed some wrong things...but you surgested that., I'm off, cya all later.
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Xzibit wrote:

I don't disagree. The Gamecube hasn't exactly been the best console I've ever owned.

However, I distinctly remember me using Super Mario Kart as an example recently, and you disagreeing and saying that Mario Kart: Double Dash (my other example), was much better.

Then you hit out with this?

Get some consistency.
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:14
Regular
"~DPG~"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> But still, you'll regret this heavily. I did it with my Xbox and loved
> it for all of about a month. You're better of getting a
> (cough)emulator(cough)

I do agree, i've done it with many games , e.g FF9 and FF6 and you want them back, but i've really had all the fun i can have with my PS2 and it's just gathering dust, so i just think now is the time to have some fun with gaming before i'm getting a job and it's too late. And as SMV cleverly surgested, i could even get a next-gen console if i get really bored.
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:05
Regular
Xzibit wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> So you repeatedly and tirelessly argue against Ninendo, dismissing
> Mario games as "for babies", and now you want to buy a
> SNES?
>

Maybe, but Nintendo games are still class, and Mario games are not "for babies." I've never seen a baby complete Mario Sunshine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.