GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 4 - Goalkeepers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Thu 21/10/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
They are so bloody hard to score against!

Anyone else found them hard to score agasint?
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Meh, not really had any problems scoring, and I play it on 6-star.

But yeah, if you're new to the game it's going to be more difficult. Once you learn how to finish it's quite easy.
Thu 21/10/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Bow to me!"
not everyone is as great as you though
Fri 22/10/04 at 13:42
Regular
I'm playing on 3 star just to rack up some points for transfers. Free scoring, usually 5 goals in 5 minute match.

Started off on 6 star with the original master league players and still managed to score quite often. Goalkeepers seem to be the same on one on ones, but much better at saving stuff from outside of the box.
Fri 22/10/04 at 13:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Meh, not really had any problems scoring, and I play it on 6-star.
>
> But yeah, if you're new to the game it's going to be more difficult.
> Once you learn how to finish it's quite easy.

Oh great God of Pro Evo, teach us in your wise ways...
Fri 22/10/04 at 14:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, give me an area you're crap in and I'll help. General all round stuff, though:

In one-on-ones, scoring is far easier than people think. To make sure you keep away from defenders, tap the direction in which you're running to do the super sprint. This'll ensure that players such as Thierry Henry aren't caught by people like Fabio Cannavaro in defense, which sometimes can happen without this speed boost. When you get near the keeper, hold Square as if you're attempting a normal shot, but at the last second tap R1, and you'll dink the ball over the keeper, who should already have commited himself if you've timed the move right. Alternatively, just knock the ball to the side of the keeper as he advances towards you, and with any luck you'll either be past him with an open goal ahead of you, or you'll be brought down, resulting in a penalty for you and a booking for the keeper.

Long shots are much better in PES4 as well, because of the more realistic ball physics and shooting system implemented by Konami. Say you're 25-35 yards out, and have a clear shot at goal. Provided the player has a relatively good shot, hold the shooting bar to just over half way and aim for the top corner. As the keepers stand further off their line, and the swerve and dip on the ball has been so improved, you've got a good chance of scoring.

This is the kind of stuff people seem to have problems with, although really the whole shooting and scoring aspect is in reality a lot more simple than has been made out.
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I always try and score spectacular goals or great team goals for about 75 minutes then for the last 15 it's just frantic try and stuff it in the net whatever way time
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I always try and score spectacular goals or great team goals for about
> 75 minutes then for the last 15 it's just frantic try and stuff it in
> the net whatever way time

Haha. It's like you're me, except for me it's the last 5. It's even more frantic then, but still highly possible.

I'm suprised no-ones really mentioned the irratic side of the keepers in PES4. To me, they make the saves you'd expect them to instead of flail an arm. However, now I seem to score freak goals which I never would have before. Like freekicks lobbing keepers on their line and stuff. I guess Konami would say that's part of the realism, unless it's just me.

I would add that in shooting situations (roughly one-on-one), people underestimate the tap in. I find that after I'm used to a games power bar and shot selection method, getting your player and literally rolling the ball into the net is the most effective method. In any situation I find that just tapping the ball will beat the keeper, because he's rushing out and the shot will be going low into a corner.

It is quite frustrating when it goes an inch wide at a crucial time, though.
Sat 23/10/04 at 00:18
Regular
I scored a class goal with Zola today, well, it wasnt that amazing but was class becasue Ronaldo (brazilian) ended up on his ass!

Basically i played a pass to Zola with Ronaldo in the centre of the pitch about 30 yrds out while holding L1 which makes Ron charge forward after the pass. So i run towards the corner flag from centre and whack the ball across the ground from just outside the box into the opposite corner going in off the post and the goalkeeper not even moving while Ronaldo at the same time runs into the keeper and falls on his ass! :D
Sun 24/10/04 at 10:16
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Yeah, give me an area you're crap in and I'll help. General all round
> stuff, though:

I'm finding it impossible to score a header, please tell me how it's done!
Sun 24/10/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I haven't scored a header yet but thats because im crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.