GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 4 - Goalkeepers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Thu 21/10/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
They are so bloody hard to score against!

Anyone else found them hard to score agasint?
Sun 24/10/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh. Nobody can score from corners.. Always put it yards over the bar. Any tips, AJ?

(Yay, just scored a beast of a goal in the ML. Trezeguet was running to the left touchline, just outside the 18y box, played a pass to Kopa, on the left touchline, who turned the defender, got into the box, played a beautiful pall to Nedved, who's arriving at the 18 yard box from the middle. Surrounded by defenders, Nedved powers a bobbling ball into the top left corner, leaving the keeper no chance.

How I love Juve.)
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:43
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I don't use the R2 thing, but always make contact. Only problem is it always goes over the very centre of the goal. Is this a timing problem, or a pressure from the defender problem or something?
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
May try that R2 approach with my low crosses, they're always getting cut out by the defender just before my defender can knock it in, hopefully i can steal a march on him and slide in infront of him
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I usually score my headers from corners, i whip a outswinging corner
> around the penalty spot, get my defender to head it onto the far post
> and there's usually someone there to nod it in.

This is exactly how I do my headers as well.

If you're still having trouble connecting with the ball, use R2 and you can manouevre your player around while the ball is in the air. This way you can get in front of the defender and header the ball goalwards a lot more frequently.

Difficult to master, though, this technique, but once you've done it you'll realise just how effective and well-created this new headering system actually is.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Yeah, true. Headers are so much harder. In the last game I would nod in 9 out of 10 from inswingers. Now I seem to head them a mile over the bar. Also, a favorite trick of mine in PES3 was to put in a deep cro0ss and then turn the defence by passing head it back across the face. These headers seem to be wild and uncontrolable now.
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:05
Regular
I could score direct from a corner with Recoba on the last game, but cant seem to do it on this one.

I always stick to the inswinger and try and get a header at the near post into the far corner.
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I usually score my headers from corners, i whip a outswinging corner around the penalty spot, get my defender to head it onto the far post and there's usually someone there to nod it in.
Sun 24/10/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I haven't scored a header yet but thats because im crap.
Sun 24/10/04 at 10:16
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Yeah, give me an area you're crap in and I'll help. General all round
> stuff, though:

I'm finding it impossible to score a header, please tell me how it's done!
Sat 23/10/04 at 00:18
Regular
I scored a class goal with Zola today, well, it wasnt that amazing but was class becasue Ronaldo (brazilian) ended up on his ass!

Basically i played a pass to Zola with Ronaldo in the centre of the pitch about 30 yrds out while holding L1 which makes Ron charge forward after the pass. So i run towards the corner flag from centre and whack the ball across the ground from just outside the box into the opposite corner going in off the post and the goalkeeper not even moving while Ronaldo at the same time runs into the keeper and falls on his ass! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.