GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The GTA San Andreas Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Thu 21/10/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thought it would be worth posting this as the game has been leaked and the official version is only a week away so its likely to be a common topic on this forum.

So I ask try keep all the SA talk in here, questions, views etc. Saves spamming the forum up with the same stuff and making it harder to find other topics.

On the matter of the game being leaked - "Rockstar Games has reacted to the "theft" of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas by promising to "diligently and aggressively pursue this matter," as the hugely anticipated PS2 title spread across newsgroups and websites offering illegal downloads, but says that the game's launch has not been affected."
From Eurogamer
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I doubt it. I'll get it online, just depends which place tempts me, as it's very unlikely they'll sell out.
Sat 23/10/04 at 20:31
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Clazon wrote:
> This game looks hoooooooge.
>
>
> I believe I shall be ordering it very soon.
>
> Just sold my VC for a tenner, so that can go towards the SA fund.
If you want it on release day you better preorder it, by the looks of things its nto gonna be arounsd for long. Games Xs (crummy game shop in my town) is getting 50 copies all of which are already pre ordered.
Sat 23/10/04 at 20:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
This game looks hoooooooge.

I believe I shall be ordering it very soon.

Just sold my VC for a tenner, so that can go towards the SA fund.
Sat 23/10/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
If any of you go to the Gtagaming.com forums you may already know about this. Apparently some European stores are release early, I'll quote you seom replies from the thread.

Quote:
I am NOT joking.

After speaking with my mates there in Spain, apparently R* has already finished shipping the game out to the stores and the game will be available to buy Monday 25th.

The game release has been pulled back due to the leak, as now the game is available on the net.

Well, that's.... *beep* great!

Quote:
I swear it's the truth! They told me, they work at Centromail (www.centromail.es) It's true! I know it's hard to believe cos that means.... just 3 days!!!!!!!!

It doesn't sound too believeable from those two replies but a few more relevant replies were posted

Quote:
I pre-ordered with GAME and this just came up on the order tracking:

Using Order Tracking System: GAME.NET

Your order is currently being picked and packed.

Previous Statuses:
Your order has been received and is currently awaiting authorisation or release.

Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for processing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

Holy *beep*..............I should get it Monday!!!

Quote:
Just checked my e-mail and this was in there from GAME:

Dear Mr ********

Order number(s):

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas will be with you shortly. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the morning of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

I ordered the 1 day business delievery so I'm definately gonna get it before next Friday.............Sweetness!!!

I usually don't believe things like this, but I see no reason for it not to be released earlier seeing as it is gold and has been shipped and ready to sell in England.

It's probably false, but you never know,
Could Gameplay be doing the same thing?
I sure as hell hope so cause thats where i've ordered it from.
Sat 23/10/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Aftershock wrote:
> GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS
> PS2 ONLY £31.99 OUT: OCT 22

I've pre-ordered San Andreas from here, I'm hoping to get the game on the Saturday after it's release, if not before. Are you SR peeps reading this?

;)
Sat 23/10/04 at 17:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
gr13ve wrote:
> quite funny how the game has an average score of 10 out of 10 on the
> reviews when it isnt even out yet, and 80 people have reviewed it.
> (Yes I am one of those people)

Technically, I didn't actually review it, I just made a typical smart ass comment. Anyway, this is the only game I'm going to buy for the PS2 this year, looks fantastic and it has an approximate lifespan of 150 hours, and that's just the main story. This is gonna be massive.
Sat 23/10/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Once isn't enough!"
GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS
PS2 ONLY £31.99 OUT: OCT 22

Only Special Reserve could goof up like that! lol
Thu 21/10/04 at 23:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Reefer wrote:
> You can parachute out of planes!
> [URL]http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/611/611957/vids_1.html[/URL]

Looks like the ending to a mission to me, still looks cool though.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:27
Regular
"hulagadoo"
quite funny how the game has an average score of 10 out of 10 on the reviews when it isnt even out yet, and 80 people have reviewed it. (Yes I am one of those people)
Thu 21/10/04 at 20:58
"period drama"
If you want loads of info, look at this link Stridman posted:
[URL]http://fivestarstuff.com/list.htm[/URL]

There's just about everything there - look at the air vehicles. Private jet. Yummu.

My complete cynacism has been lately replaced with something resembling slight anticipation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.