GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"summerslam 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/07/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Paid, Laid n Made"
World Heavyweight Championship:

Batista ( c ) vs JBL

Icon vs Legend Match:

Hulk Hogan vs HBK

WWE Championship:

John Cena ( c ) vs Chris Jericho

Rap Battle:

50 Cent + G - Unit vs John Cena + The Chain Gang

Wrestlemania Rematch:

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

updated
Fri 16/09/05 at 19:36
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Ah I remember those days - just!
Fri 16/09/05 at 18:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh i remember when they used to do those sort of figures every month without having to bring in the likes of Hogan to boost flagging sales
Fri 16/09/05 at 18:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently Summerslam did 520000 buys! It's been put down mainly to the Hogan vs Michaels match and excluding Wrestlemanias it should be about the third biggest buyrate for a PPV in the past 4 years
Thu 25/08/05 at 20:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Does anyone know how many buyrates Summerslam did? Estimate or actual?
Wed 24/08/05 at 14:04
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> Well if you only watched the 2 live kru vs Brown and Gunn and Styles
> vs X-Pac it's not really surprising you didn't think much of it.

I actually quite liked Styles vs Pac. Unlike a lot of X-Division stuff, they tried to stay away from crazy spots and actuially employ some psychology. It certainly worked better than Styles recent matches with Jarrett, for example.

Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with spot-fests, bu praise to Styles and Pac for realising that Waltman can't do that anymore...
Tue 23/08/05 at 19:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Eddie vs Rey was by far the best match, Edge vs Hardy by far the worst. Interesting to see how many buy rates it did.
Tue 23/08/05 at 15:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> Anyway, I turned on and was greeted almost instantly by 3 WWE
> old-timer rejects - Billy Gunn, BG James and X-Pac. Meh. Styles and
> X-Pac was okay, but I far preferred the ROH show I watched the day
> before, especially BJ Whitmer vs Homicide.

Well if you only watched the 2 live kru vs Brown and Gunn and Styles vs X-Pac it's not really surprising you didn't think much of it. The matches of the night there were the 4 way X-Division match when Dutt almost killed the guy with his finisher, Somoa Joe vs Sabin, Daniels vs Williams and Raven and Abyss (that's how you do a hardcore match WWE)
Tue 23/08/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Read the other day their last show bombed or at least the parts with WWE guys in it. Stick to what you're good at ROH, let Foley go sell his book elsewhere.
Tue 23/08/05 at 13:43
Regular
"..."
Ant wrote:
> So, in conclusion, ROH owns both TNA and WWE at the moment, at least
> in terms of wrestling product.

Well of course, but ROH itself would be the first to admit that it's a 'niche' product, aimed at 'smarks' and those who appreciate in-ring product more than the casual fan.

In that respect I'm pleasantly surprised that Ant likes ROH :->
Tue 23/08/05 at 11:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well I watched some of No Surrender this morning, and according to Sky it was 4 hours long, not 3...

Anyway, I turned on and was greeted almost instantly by 3 WWE old-timer rejects - Billy Gunn, BG James and X-Pac. Meh. Styles and X-Pac was okay, but I far preferred the ROH show I watched the day before, especially BJ Whitmer vs Homicide.

So, in conclusion, ROH owns both TNA and WWE at the moment, at least in terms of wrestling product.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.