GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Onions Once More"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/07/05 at 01:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
Still unfinished, so none of the links work just now. But aside from that, the general gist is there, so any opinions would be most appreciated.

Also - what would be the best / safest URL string with a single variable, primarily the alt text of an image? (ie. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=VAR1[Down with word length!]&btnG=Google+Search&meta= )

Cheers.

[URL]http://stillflammable.com/[/URL]
Fri 05/08/05 at 21:02
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah, thanks for the feedback.

Was really unsure about the black bar - but I couldn't figure out what to do... There's no way to have two full repeating images as backgrounds at the same time - they will end at the same time as the body.

But thanks MJ. Is it looking better now?

And cheers Damarus - no idea why I forgot to declare the text-decoration:none, but whatever. Cheers!

And sorry for not replying sooner - for some reason IE at my uncles dislikes using the reply button on these forums - really appreciate your responses.
Thu 04/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
Nice to see you made the alteration I suggested :)
Mon 01/08/05 at 17:00
Regular
It's not very compatible in IE. I take it you intend to apply fixes at a later stage?

Also, you may want to set text-decoration on links to none. I have the 'don't underline links' setup for FF and it looks much better than with the underline.
Sun 31/07/05 at 20:06
Regular
I'm liking it a lot, however asthaetically I feel it would gain from you removing the black row at the bottom, unsure why it's there personally as it ruins the symetry of the sites surroundings. I'm not a coder, but to put it simply, just remove the black at the bottom from the right and left columns, but not the content column. Other than that I'm really liking it design wise.
Sat 30/07/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
The "Gamer" section has changed. (Slightly.)

Looky : [URL]http://stillflammable.com/gamer/[/URL]

(I know it's not "proper" yet. And the Browse Happy logo hurts. But that might change.)
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
Actually, only settled on Lucida Sans Unicode because I, honestly, couldn't be bothered to find a different one.

Was the concept font, see.

But might change it.

Hmm... I'm gonna do an overhaul tonight (been messing the Textpattern source-code up. Now I have links that auto-URL, - I'm a PHP hacking gawd, in my mind.), and as soon as find some 8-bit Donkey Kong screenshots I'll be having a GamesTM type Gamer page...
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yays.
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:30
It's... nice. Very "standards compliant/elegant/neat/generic cute font used."

*Bookmarks into generic CSS friendly folder*
Sat 30/07/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Waaaah!

Crassy!
Sat 30/07/05 at 12:46
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Coin wrote:
> Yays.
>
> Do you have xFire?

Do better than that, I run my own clan & ranked server:

85.236.101.40:16767 -uTi-CLan Ranked 32 Slot. Always on there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.