GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My new favourite toy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/07/05 at 00:33
Regular
Not intelligent discussion as such, but only the intelligent would appreciate it I feel. [URL]http://earth.google.com/[/URL]. Go and download the free version and have a butchers. You can view any part of the world using satellite images. Us Brits have been shortchanged when it comes to fine detailing, but some of the more popular sites of the world are really impressive when close up.

They've really gone to town on Washington DC, you can get a 3D model of all the buildings around the whitehouse etc. For free it's pretty damn good. Oh, and I tried the $400 a year subscription (!!!) version and it is still severely lacking in detail, so don't bother reaching for your mastercard. Give it a few years and you'll be able to watch Bin Laden amass his lunatic followers live on the net. The US would still end up bombing chinese embassies though.
Mon 29/08/05 at 18:00
"slightlyshortertagl"
Theres a cracked version of Google Earth Uber-Uber Edition going round somewhere.

Will have a look into that when i get back home :-)
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:24
Regular
The Eiffel Tower was good, until I swivelled the screen to face it, it stayed flat and didn't look impressive

They really have pumped everything they've got into America and the Grand Canyon especially, whereas in somewhere like Sydney I can't even see the Opera House :(
Thu 28/07/05 at 14:07
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah Borat, this is sweet. Even better that it's free - imagine what sort of images the military can get.
Thu 28/07/05 at 13:30
Regular
I don't know if it's this or GoogleMaps that you should type Hitler into.

I'd try myself, but my computer doesn't mean the minimum specs for GoogleEarth.

:(
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:45
Oh, must recommend - Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone.

44"31'30 N 110"50'17 W
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:23
Grand Canyon, Mt St Helens

Basically, if you've been anywhere in America, you should look at it.
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:35
Regular
Google Earth is amazing, thankyou mon Borat

Recommendation on best place to go ?
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:08
Regular
"8==="
Everyone's a winner with the Santa clause.

What? I'm supposed to take some name on a forum seriously?
Wed 27/07/05 at 22:49
"period drama"
Ah, the win-win clause.
Sweet, ambiguous victory.
Wed 27/07/05 at 22:43
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmm.

I'm not really arguing, I'm keeping things ticking over really and baiting of course as that's what I do on here to burst certain people's bubbles.

And yes I'm sure it's infuriating and yes I know the right buttons to push and yes it is fun for me.

And yes you won't learn, and yes you'll keep replying and yes this seems to happen a lot on here so I wonder why my post count is so high?

And yes I could be lying and yes I really couldn't care less and yes this is STILL fun for me. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.