GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No more pirated Windows"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/07/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4717417.stm[/URL]

Every copy has to be validated from now on. Pirated copies can be returned for a free copy (as long as you can indentify the source), and naughty people caught with a copy can get the genuine product for a reduced price.

I think that's pretty decent. I'm sure MS don't need the money, but they could just block any pirated copies completely if they wanted. And I thought XP upwards had to be validated anyway?
Sat 06/08/05 at 14:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Security patches are still downloadable even on cracked versions. Just other things that aren't, like Movie Maker updates etc.
Fri 29/07/05 at 10:27
Regular
Hahahahaha.

Told you there would be ways around it.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:59
Regular
"serenity now!"
Heh, didn't last long.

[URL]http://theinquirer.net/?article=24961[/URL]
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Captain to you."
:(
Wed 27/07/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
:(
Wed 27/07/05 at 20:50
Regular
"NULL"
smv wrote:
> Nah, link's fine - I just have trouble comprehending complicated
> subjects.

Bless. Are you from Harlow? It's OK. There are counselling sessions to help with the trauma :P
Wed 27/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
"serenity now!"
Nah, link's fine - I just have trouble comprehending complicated subjects.
Wed 27/07/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Captain to you."
? if it's about the link, it is legal but if it might cause problems i'll remove.
Wed 27/07/05 at 15:03
Regular
"serenity now!"
edit: ah, nvm.
Wed 27/07/05 at 04:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
I wonder what microsoft plan to do about programs like Autopatcher XP, I personally use this when i have a planned format, it updates all the windows version all in 1 go up to the most recent month.

It saves all that restarting/internet connecting that is common when you reinstall windows.

If anyone is interested in autopatcher [URL]http://www.autopatcher.com/index.html[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.