GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extreme Dodgeball"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/07/05 at 03:19
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Has anyone ever watched Extreme Dodgeball on challenge tv??
It's awesome!

It really makes me want to play, like get a load of mates and play it down the sports hall. But i dont have any of those soft pink balls (haha, soft pink balls)

But i have a feeling they're all actors on Extreme Dodgeball, they're all too.. perfect characters, if you get me.

Who's ever seen it? It's on right now.
Wed 27/07/05 at 00:45
Regular
"8==="
It's repeated at about 1:30am.

I shall not be watching.
Wed 27/07/05 at 00:47
Regular
"0228"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's repeated at about 1:30am.

While you wait you can watch the A-team on UKTV Gold.
Wed 27/07/05 at 00:48
Regular
"8==="
Gah!

I never realised how formulaic that was as a kid.
Wed 27/07/05 at 00:49
Regular
"0228"
Shut up, fool!
Wed 27/07/05 at 11:42
Regular
"0228"
Alright, I watched this last night, and it was possibly the most unextreme thing I've ever seen. The rules we play with at school are more extreme:

- Three footballs are used
- Approx. 12 per side (but the sports hall is pretty big)
- Catch an opponents throw and they're out
- Drop a catch or get hit and you're out
- Get hit whilst holding another ball and you lose the whole match (however, balls can be used to deflect shots)
- A ball is not 'dead' after hitting a wall
- If you drop a catch but somebody else catches it before it hits the ground then you're safe
- If you are hit on your way to the bench after being hit or caught then you lose the whole match
- A catch does not regenerate a team member
- Hitting the back board (a board the size of a basketball back board, and it's a big room remember) then the whole team is back in
- Step over the midway line and you're out
Wed 27/07/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
JFH wrote:
> - Hitting the back board (a board the size of a basketball back
> board, and it's a big room remember) then the whole team is back in

Unless the room is the size of a football pitch and you're using all that space hitting something the size of a basketball backboard isn't hard at all. I could easily hit the backboard from the other end of the court when i used to play basketball. I prefer the regeneration rule in ED than that rule, seems far to easy to anyone with the slightest bit of throwing accuracy and power
Wed 27/07/05 at 12:03
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> JFH wrote:
> - Hitting the back board (a board the size of a basketball back
> board, and it's a big room remember) then the whole team is back in
>
>
> Unless the room is the size of a football pitch and you're using all
> that space hitting something the size of a basketball backboard isn't
> hard at all. I could easily hit the backboard from the other end of
> the court when i used to play basketball. I prefer the regeneration
> rule in ED than that rule, seems far to easy to anyone with the
> slightest bit of throwing accuracy and power

Well, it depends on the hieght of the backboard etc - it could be low enough that an opposing team member could catch it.

And it depends on teh room size, teh sports hall near me if much bigger than a regular basketball pitch, but would be the perfect size for 24 players.

And also, it'd be difficult as you need to make sure you're not hit in the process.
Wed 27/07/05 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyway how about that hit Maria from the Ink Inc team took last night. Could have been quite nasty and serious what with those piercings she has in her nose (would have thought they'd get her to take them out before the game)

Ouchies
Wed 27/07/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
munn wrote:
> Well, it depends on the hieght of the backboard etc - it could be low
> enough that an opposing team member could catch it.

If it's down on the floor being blocked by the opposing team then fair enough but if it's how we played with it for one game (which then got promptly dropped and put back to the old regeneration rule after 3 games after i hit it on the first throw each time) where it's just slightly above head height then it's far too easy.

> And it depends on teh room size, teh sports hall near me if much
> bigger than a regular basketball pitch, but would be the perfect size
> for 24 players.

Yea i don't know the room size he's talking about so just going from my experience of the ones i played in and each one of them i'd be able to hit the basketball backboard from the other end.

> And also, it'd be difficult as you need to make sure you're not hit
> in the process.

Bah i got the Michael Vick spin move in my arsenal, nothing's hitting me. He stole that from me you know :-D
Wed 27/07/05 at 12:12
Regular
"0228"
The hall fits in four full sized badminton courts if that helps you put it into scale (obviously with a bit of space inbetween them all).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.