GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great American Bash Results Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/07/05 at 00:18
Regular
The Great American Bash
July 24th
Buffalo, New York
HSBC Arena

One amusing note on Heat - someone had a sign that said "Earl Hebner sold me my shirt".

Heat - Cruiserweight Title
Paul London vs Nunzio
My prediction: Paul London
Result: Paul London (2:35)
Match: Pretty meh - it was over so damn quickly.

So, the event was sponsored by WWE.com. Wow...

1. Tag Titles
MnM (c) vs Animal & Heidenreich
My prediction: Animal & Heidenreich
Result: Animal & Heidenreich (6:46)
Match: Pretty "meh", although Animal put on quite an impressive performance, and seeing as he dedicated it to Hawk, I thought it was obvious they'd win (with a Doomsday Device, nonetheless). The nostalgia factor made this match all the more fun, though.
Rating: 7/10

Eddie Guerrero had a veeery strange segment, where he has a "new addition". Lovely. That can be his next DVD.

Oh, and WWE messed up - they had a "2 weeks ago" video package pop up for about a second before removing itself and Christian began coming out. Odd.

2. Christian vs Booker T
My prediction: Christian
Result: Booker T (11:38)
Match: Pretty good match, ending with Booker T nailing a top-rope scissor-kick for the pin. Booker T's now 6-1 at the GAB PPVs throughout the ages.
Rating: 8/10

Milena is annoyed MnM lost the titles, and says she'll never be seen in her underwear.

A Summerslam promo airs.

3. United States Title
Orlando Jordan (c) vs Chris Benoit
My prediction: Chris Benoit (14:24)
Result: Orlando Jordan
Match: Was quite a decent match, but loses points for the absolutely HORRIBLE ending. Benoit gets rammed into an exposed turnbuckle and pinned. The moronic referee doesn't notice, even though it's right in front of him, and a lucid Benoit doesn't seem to think to tell the ref what happened. Oh, and I thought that when the ref went outside, he was going to restart the match. AWFUL ending.
Rating: 7.5/10

A promo airs for the Hassan/Taker match.

4. #1 Contender's Match
Muhammed Hassan vs The Undertaker
My prediction: The Undertaker
Result: The Undertaker (8:05)
Match: Before the match starts, Hassan comes out with the "terrorists" that attacked The Undertaker, and Hassan comes out on some stupid elevated thingy. He then reminds everyone that if he loses, he's leaving Smackdown (an easy get out clause of either his character or the SD brand, meaning he can return to RAW where he won't have UPN on his case). Taker wins with a naff Chokeslam.
Rating: 7/10

The aftermath was better than the match. Taker kills the "sympathisers", and throws Daivari through the side of the table. He grabs Hassan up the ramp and Last Ride's him through a grating he opened up. It made me laugh, because the sound of Hassan hitting the floor was so horribly delayed by the sound effects guys (a la Hawk's "suicidal" fall off the titantron in 1998).

5. 6 Man Tag
The Mexicools vs bWo
My prediction: bWo
Result: The Mexicools (4:54)
Match: This could've been a good match, if it wasn't so short. Craptacular matches like Benoit/Orlando get 15 minutes, and this barely gets a third of it. Amusing though that Juvi didn't nail the 450 Splash.
Rating: 6.5/10

A promo airs for Mysterio vs Guerrero.

Mysterio talks to his kid backstage. I'm just wondering what this secret is. Eddie: "I am his father." Well, that doesn't explain how the kid looks so much like Mysterio...There's kayfabe, and then there's KAYFABE.

6. "If you beat me...I'll never tell."
Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
My prediction: Eddie Guerrero
Result: Rey Mysterio (15:39)
Match: Match of the night so far by a long way. Some great work here, and I was bloody surprised that Mysterio won. Serves Eddie right for being cocky and not pinning Mysterio right after the Frog Splash, though. So, I guess that's the end of that rubbish storyline, or at least I hope.
Rating: 8.5/10

7. Bra and Panties
Ref: Candice Michelle
Milena vs Torrie Wilson
My prediction: Torrie Wilson
Result: Milena (3:53)
Match: *grabs Kleenex* Meh, pretty crap, I wanted Milena to have a thong on :(. Still, she looked hot as hell, and I wish she'd stop covering those boosoms up :0D
Rating: 4/10

A promo aired for HBK vs Hogan at Summerslam.

The promo for the main event then aired.

8. World Heavyweight Title
Batista (c) vs JBL
My prediction: Batista
Result: JBL via DQ (19:48)
Match: Better than I expected, but I HATE DQ victories of any sort. Horrible, HORRIBLY cheap ending with Batista beating the crap outta JBL with a chair. Fun.
Rating: 8.5/10

Pretty average event really. Not that great, but as is expected with the WWE these days.
Tue 26/07/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehe, i always find that bit at the end funny *and they were very nice people* of course they're very nice people you dozy bint they just got you about £5,000 because you can't look where you're bloody going. If someone did that for me i'd have quite a liking for them as well
Tue 26/07/05 at 14:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"i was sitting at home and i scrolled my mouse down the page. suddenly i heard the knuckle in the index finger crack. i was off work for 9 years, injurylawyers4u sued robbie V and i recived £750 million... they were professional and really helpful and friendly"
Tue 26/07/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!
Tue 26/07/05 at 13:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Robbie V wrote:
> why would that be?

because you quoted all of the juices post... and then added 3 extra words. just quote the important bits mate, no need to do all of it.
the extra wear and tear on my finger scrolling past your post is irreversable too :P
Tue 26/07/05 at 11:37
Regular
Ant wrote:

> On the other hand though, Booker T vs Christian, Eddie vs Rey, and
> the Mexicools v BWO matches were pretty good.

Agree with you on the first two, but the bWo, Mexicools match was terrible to say that we have three of the best cruiserweights in the world in the ring along with Nova. The crowd didn't help either.

The bWo's entrance was coolio though.
Tue 26/07/05 at 11:34
Regular
Hahaha, you love to over-rate matches don't you Shaneo!

Batista vs JBL was by far the worst match of the night. The crowd were pretty dead throughout (apart from the start) and because of the poor wrestling ability of both men, we were reduced to crappy holds and being thrown to the outside. We could of at least seen the Fallaway Slam and Batista do a few more moves but nooooooooo.

The ending was naff as well.

4.5/10

Only matches I enjoyed really was MNM vs Animal & Heidenreich, Eddie vs Rey and Booker vs Christian, with the latter having the wrong outcome.

Orlando Jordan sucks balls so well done to Benoit for pulling out something half decent from him.

Taker, Hassan only really got interesting after the match had finished, where Hassan got a good ol Last Ride. Haha, I liked how there was no blood around him or on him for at least two of the times the camera was went to him in the hole yet when the Mexicools came out, there was suddenly blood everywhere.
Mon 25/07/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I seem to be the only person that is glad that Heidenreich and Animal won :p

EDIT: Surprised i havent been slaughtered about this post yet
Mon 25/07/05 at 21:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
AAAH! HOW F'ING DISAPPOINTING!!

It was an average PPV.

But, as Raven-ous rightly said, I was eagerly waiting with bated breath for the appearance of the Legend Killer in the Undertaker vs Hassan match, and then Lesnar in the JBL V Batista match!!!

And NEITHER of them turned up!!

Two big SummerSlam matches were THERE, just waiting to be pounced upon. Randy Orton V Undertaker TWO, and the awesome Brock Lesnar vs Batista as SmackDown's main event for the World Title.

But we have to see Taker vs Batista instead? But Lesnar owns Taker! :(

Hmph. If both Orton and Lesnar had turned up, I'd of come on here saying how great the PPV was. :D

On the other hand though, Booker T vs Christian, Eddie vs Rey, and the Mexicools v BWO matches were pretty good.

Also, interesting the way WWE made the most of Hassan's controversy with his entrance...and indeed, I have to admit that Taker destroying them all was good entertainment.

Meh. I guess it was better than I thought it was gonna be.

OH WAIT! MNM LOST THE TAG TITLES TO HEIDENREICH AND ANIMAL!

IT WAS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE!!
Mon 25/07/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
> The Juice wrote:
> I completely disagree. You've awarded it an 8.5 rating (matching
> your
> Guerrero-Mysterio rating), yet it was quite easily the worst match
> of
> the night, by a long, long way. I'm not counting the Bra &
> Panties match, you understand. :)
>
> Kawada wrote:
> Don't pay attention to Reefer's ratings, he's far far too generous.
> In reality the Boretista vs JBL match was about a 2

I normally defend Batista matches because i like the guy, but i have to admit i hated that match.

Probably wasnt helped by the extremely crappy ending by DQ. Hate those.
Mon 25/07/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
why would that be?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.