GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dead Memory Card..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 10:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Okay, so for a while now one of my memory cards kept on saying certain game files were corrupt, but usually I'd pull it out, do the whole blow in the card and in the card slot on my Cube and it'd be fine.

However, I'm now getting a message every time that the entire card is corrupt and needs to be formatted... Which is going to erase all data.

I don't expecially want to do this as I have a recently completed Resi 4 game on it with The Mercenaries mini game complete (ie. 5 stars on every level with every character, which took damn ages...), as well as much other stuff like my Smash Bros savegame, Viewtiful Joe saves on the last level, a Rogue Leader game with gold medals on every level, Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Paper Mario... You get the picture...

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might get the data without formatting or if I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and delete everything.

Either way I'm gonna be buying a new big memory card from SR... The trouble seems to have started as the card got more full... Bah. Damn memory cards. Bring back good ol' cartridges...
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:45
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
R.I.P Sibs' memory card
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
There will be a two minute silence tomorrow at midday in rememberance of the many savegames and hours of gameplay lost in this tragic event.
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:55
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
[URL]http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memorycard2wo.png[/URL]
Sun 24/07/05 at 14:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
What's wrong with playing the games through all over again? Don't you like them anymore?
Sun 24/07/05 at 14:45
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough.

You seemed quite gutted about losing all your hard work so I thought I'd suggest getting it back with an AR. :)
Sun 24/07/05 at 14:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
There's nothing wrong with playing the games through again, but some of the unlockables are pretty hard to do, so I'll actually need to play them quite a lot... To be honest, if I'm really that bothered about getting the stuff I probably will persevere at some point and do it, and the ones I'm not really bothered about I'll just leave...

The AR option is viable, but I don't wish to fork out the extra money really... I need to get a new Memory Card anyway as the two I have are essentially full (well, this one was, now it's apparently corrupted...) so I guess I'll just format the card, get a new card (probs the 64MB one) and then use that for all my saves and the two others as backups for the games I really don't want to lose.

Chars for the suggestions.
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I can imagine that even if you don't play the game anymore or even traded it in, you'd want to keep the file, as a reminder of your hard work, or to mess around on in the future. Or, more likely, for bragging rights.

Trust me, I remember my memory cards not copying my old smash bros melee data... I moved all of the data on my 59 memory card onto a 1016 one. But Smash Bros wouldn't move, and I'd only realised it when it was too late.
Sun 24/07/05 at 16:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My 16mb Datel is STILL working after 3 and a half years.
Sun 24/07/05 at 17:00
Regular
something like that happen'd to my Titan card, i know i had never heard of the make either but it was like a quid, i just transfered it all across to my official 1 and it was fine.
Sun 24/07/05 at 17:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've got a 16MB GAME one, and that's never failed me. But I've heard a lot of reports of Datel ones failing.

I have an 8MB GAME one for backups of major game saves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.