GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dead Memory Card..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 10:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Okay, so for a while now one of my memory cards kept on saying certain game files were corrupt, but usually I'd pull it out, do the whole blow in the card and in the card slot on my Cube and it'd be fine.

However, I'm now getting a message every time that the entire card is corrupt and needs to be formatted... Which is going to erase all data.

I don't expecially want to do this as I have a recently completed Resi 4 game on it with The Mercenaries mini game complete (ie. 5 stars on every level with every character, which took damn ages...), as well as much other stuff like my Smash Bros savegame, Viewtiful Joe saves on the last level, a Rogue Leader game with gold medals on every level, Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Paper Mario... You get the picture...

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might get the data without formatting or if I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and delete everything.

Either way I'm gonna be buying a new big memory card from SR... The trouble seems to have started as the card got more full... Bah. Damn memory cards. Bring back good ol' cartridges...
Sun 24/07/05 at 10:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Okay, so for a while now one of my memory cards kept on saying certain game files were corrupt, but usually I'd pull it out, do the whole blow in the card and in the card slot on my Cube and it'd be fine.

However, I'm now getting a message every time that the entire card is corrupt and needs to be formatted... Which is going to erase all data.

I don't expecially want to do this as I have a recently completed Resi 4 game on it with The Mercenaries mini game complete (ie. 5 stars on every level with every character, which took damn ages...), as well as much other stuff like my Smash Bros savegame, Viewtiful Joe saves on the last level, a Rogue Leader game with gold medals on every level, Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Paper Mario... You get the picture...

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might get the data without formatting or if I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and delete everything.

Either way I'm gonna be buying a new big memory card from SR... The trouble seems to have started as the card got more full... Bah. Damn memory cards. Bring back good ol' cartridges...
Sun 24/07/05 at 10:41
Regular
"8==="
Throw it away.

Get an action replay.
Sun 24/07/05 at 10:56
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't like cheating.
Sun 24/07/05 at 11:19
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You could try sticking another memory card into the slot next to it, and turning on the GC with the lid up- and then use the memory card manager to transfer files accross.
Sun 24/07/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nah, tried, the Mem Card Manager just gives me a red box whenever I insert the offending card saying it needs to be formatted. This is what leads me to think it's good and dead, as before it's allowed me to have a look in the mem card manager because I think only certain files were 'corrupted'... Though they weren't 'cause after some blowing (no oral sex jokes please) they worked fine again...
Sun 24/07/05 at 11:59
Regular
"What is your biddin"
get the dead memory card and a memory card that works and try to trade the data thats what i did it is very simple trus me
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
eh?
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:24
Regular
"8==="
Sibs wrote:
> I don't like cheating.

What I'm suggesting is that you use the action replay to get the medals/unlocks/etc back that you've lost from this memory card.

It wouldn't be 'cheating' it'd be 'restoring'.
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Ow Yer"
was it an unofficial memory card?
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Yeah. Both of the memory cards I've got are unofficial as they were free off SR when they were giving away GC memory cards...

As for the action replay... Seems a bit excessive to fork out for an action replay to get the saves back... Some were blummin' hard to get (Rogue Leader, RE4, Viewtiful Joe), others I'm not so bothered about as I'd already completed the games bit it was nice having a 'finished' save or whatever. But I'm a poor student, so I don't want to get an action replay simply to get the stuff back...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.